This Kale Smoothie is bright and refreshing, a perfect way to start your morning or to give yourself an invigorating afternoon pick me up. And I promise you it tastes amazing!
The Best Kale Smoothie Recipe
Smoothies are the perfect light breakfast or snacks to get yourself through winter and into spring. They’re also full of fibers and nutrients to keep you healthy and boost your immune system.
This kale smoothie is made with just 6 simple ingredients. It is extremely easy to make and is just the perfect sip to wake you up and nourish you in the morning. Making this smoothie takes absolutely no time at all. You just need to dump all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Then pour into a glass and serve immediately.
Healthy Kale Smoothie Ingredients
- Kale: One whole cup of kale leaves is used in this recipe. You can use chopped kale from a bag or fresh kale from a bunch. If using a bunch of kale, just tear off the leaves and discard the stem.
- Banana: I love using banana in smoothie to add creaminess and it also sweetens the smoothie naturally. Frozen banana works best in this recipe to also keep it cold.
- Pineapple: Adds a fresh and tropical flavor. Either refrigerated or frozen pineapple will work but if you like your smoothie extra cold, use frozen pineapple so you don’t have to add ice.
- Yogurt: I use plain yogurt in this recipe to give it a little bit of protein which will help keep you full longer. You can substitute non dairy yogurt, or milk and milk alternative if you wish.
- Lemon: Both the lemon juice and lemon zest are used in this recipe to add brightness to the smoothie. The acidity also helps cut the bitterness in the raw kale.
- Honey: Just two teaspoons of honey is used to sweeten this smoothie. Feel free to adjust the amount of sweetener to your taste.
Variations for Green Smoothie Recipes
If you are planning to have a smoothie every morning, you might want to vary up the flavor to keep things interesting. Here are some flavor combinations to get you through the whole week!
Simply Replace the pineapple with…
- Raspberries, add a handful of sliced almonds and a drop of almond extract to boost the almond flavor further.
- Strawberries and lemon with orange.
- Mango and lemon with lime.
- Apple and add a pinch of cinnamon.
- Blackberries and add a couple leaves of fresh mint.
- Peach and add a fresh leaf of basil.
Making Ahead Kale Pineapple Smoothie
The best way to prep ahead of time is to pack the vegetables and fruits used for your smoothie in ziplock bags and freeze them. On the outside of each bag, write the additional ingredients you need to add in to complete your smoothie recipe.
More Smoothie Recipes
- Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
- Strawberry Orange Smoothie
- Raspberry Mango Smoothie
- Strawberry Coconut Smoothie
- Pear Smoothie
- 1 cup packed kale leaf
- 1 cup pineapple chopped, frozen preferred
- 1 medium banana sliced, frozen preferred
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest of half a lemon
- 2 teaspoon honey
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
If your fruits are not frozen, you can add ice cubes to make the smoothie slushie and cold but this will dilute the flavor.
Adjust the amount of honey to your liking.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.