This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Disney fans, these Mickey pretzels are for you! They are golden brown on the outside, have a soft texture on the inside, and are topped with coarse salt. And, they are shaped like Mickey! A soft pretzel doesn’t get much better than that!
If you love the Happiest Place on Earth as much as I do, then you have to check out my other copycat recipes. My favorites are the Monte Cristo Sandwich (Disneyland Copycat), this amazing churro toffee, and then, of course, raspberry rose macaron!
Soft pretzels are a weakness of mine! They are one of my favorite park snacks to get. I love them because they have the most delicious, savory flavor, and the coarse salt on the top is the best part! Or may dipping them in cheese sauce is the best part… That’s debatable. Anyways, these Mickey pretzels are no exception! They have a crispy, golden outside texture, and the inside is soft, chewy, and SO GOOD.
These pretzels can be found in Disneyland and Walt Disney World, and now… your home! They are a classic Disney snack that your entire family will ask for over and over again. And the great thing about making these at home is that you get more for your money and you don’t have to stand in a long line to get one! A little tip for switching these up, try dipping them in some softened cream cheese to have a little contrast between sweet and salty. It’s delicious!! And guess what, even if you aren’t a Disney fan, you can make these at home too. They are for everyone!
Ingredients to Make Disneyland’s Mickey Pretzels
The great thing about making these pretzels at home is that the ingredients are simple. In fact, you probably already have them all in your kitchen. Because these are so easy to make, they will become a go-to for your family! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Warm Water: The warm water will be used to activate the yeast. Make sure that it’s not too hot or it will kill the yeast.
- Active Dry Yeast: This makes the pretzels rise.
- Granulated Sugar: A little bit of sugar gives these pretzels the perfect flavor.
- Salt: This salt goes into the dough and will enhance all of the flavors in the recipe.
- Butter: I use unsalted butter in this recipe.
- Flour: All purpose flour works fantastic for these Mickey pretzels.
- Oil: You will add the oil to the top of your rising dough.
- Hot Water and Baking Soda: This mixture coats the dough and is what will give the outside that golden and crispy texture.
- Butter: I like to use saleted butter for this part of the recipe.
- Coarse Salt: Add this on top before you cook them and it will be the best part!
- **Optional: Dip these in this delicious homemade cheese dip.
How to Make Homemade Mickey Pretzels
This recipe is straightforward and it can be made by even the most beginner bakers! Try these out and then make them with your kids. They will love shaping the dough into Mickey!
- Proof yeast: In a stand mixer add the warm water and yeast. Allow the yeast to bloom and then become bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Make dough: With the dough hook attachment, add the sugar, salt, melted butter, and the flour 1 cup at a time. If the dough is too dry then add in 1 more tablespoon of water.
- Knead and let rise: Remove the dough from the bowl and knead into a ball. Place the dough into a large bowl and then add the oil on top. Cover and let rise until doubled in size, about an hour.
- Roll and shape: Preheat the oven to 450°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces. Then, roll each piece into a long rope, pinching and rolling the two ends together to make a circle from the dough. Twist the dough into a Mickey Mouse head with the two ears and head.
- Dip into water/baking soda mixture: Add the hot water and baking soda in a medium sized bowl and then whisk to dissolve the baking soda. Dip each pretzel into the bowl and them place them on the prepared baking sheets. You may need to reshape them a little.
- Add butter and salt: Brush the pretzels with melted butter and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake: Bake for 8-10 Minutes, until the tops of the Mickey pretzels are golden brown. Then serve with cheese dip.
Switch these Mickey pretzels up by changing out the shape or the flavor. You can make them your own by adding different toppings or serving them with your favorite choice of dip.
- Shape: Instead of twisting the dough into a mickey pretzel shape, you can make it like a classic pretzel or cut it into pretzel bites instead.
- Change the Topping: Create an amazing dessert pretzel easily by leaving out the salt and brushing with butter and cinnamon sugar instead. Or add pepperoni in the last few minutes of baking for a pepperoni pretzel!
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Disneyland Copycat Mickey Mouse Pretzel
- 1 Cup Warm Water
- 2 ½ Teaspoons Active Dry Yeast
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter Melted
- 3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 2 Cups Hot Water
- ¼ Cup Baking Soda
- 1-2 Tablespoons Salted Butter Melted
- Coarse Salt for Topping
- Cheese Dip
- In a stand mixer add the warm water and yeast. Allow the yeast to bloom and become bubbly about 5 minutes.
- With the dough hook attachment, add the sugar, salt, melted butter, and the flour 1 cup at a time. If the dough is too dry, add 1 more tablespoon of water.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and knead it into a ball. Place the dough into a large bowl and add the oil on top. Cover and let rise until doubled in size, about an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a long rope, pinching and rolling the two ends together to make a circle from the dough. Twist the dough into a Mickey Mouse head with the two ears and head.
- Add the hot water and baking soda in a medium sized bowl and whisk to dissolve the baking soda. Dip each pretzel into the bowl and place on the prepared baking sheets. You may need to reshape them a little.
- Brush the pretzels with melted butter and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake for 8-10 Minutes, until the tops are golden brown. Serve with cheese dip.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.