Beer cheese dip is the creamiest, tastiest dip out there! It goes with everything and it’s the hit at every party. It has the perfect blend of flavors that will keep you coming back for more!
Dips are the absolute best and this one is no exception! You can dip just about anything in this and it will taste amazing. Start out by dipping these crostinis, these Pretzel Rolls, or this delicious Sourdough Bread. It will taste amazing with them all!
Why is Beer Cheese Dip the BEST?
Beer cheese dip is creamy, cheesy, and has the most amazing taste! It is so delicious and all of the cheeses and hints of garlic and paprika make this the perfect blend of flavorings. The texture is to die for! It’s thick and will stick to anything that you dip in it. I love dipping bread, vegetables (broccoli is my favorite!), and even pretzels or chips. I especially love how versatile it is and how it goes with just about everything!
This beer cheese dip is so easy to make and it is one that everyone will go crazy over! It only takes a few minutes to whip up so it’s a great one to bring to a last-minute potluck or party. And if you really want to make it fancy then you should make these homemade pretzel rolls to dip in it! This is one of my favorite recipes and I cannot wait for you to try it! I’m sure that you will love it as much as I do!
Ingredients in Beer Cheese Dip
Most of these ingredients you will already have on hand in your kitchen! There are just a few that you may have to pick up at the store. So read this over, grab what you need, and get to cooking! Once you try it, you will know exactly what you need for next time and it will be so easy! See the recipe card below for a list of exact measurements.
- Butter: I use unsalted butter in this recipe.
- Flour: Mixing the butter and flour will make a roux which is what helps thicken up the dip!
- Milk: Mix this in and whisk until it thickens. Don’t give up, it will happen!
- Beer: Any brand of beer will work.
- Sharp cheddar cheese: I like to make sure that my cheese is freshly grated. Freshly grateed cheese blends in better making a smooth texture.
- Gruyere: This adds in the most amazing flavor to the dip!
- Paprika: A sweet spice that adds to the overall flavor.
- Garlic: I loooove whenever garlic is added into a recipe, especially a dip!
- Dijon mustard: This gives it a bit of a zesty tang without being to “mustard” flavored.
Let’s Make Some Dip!
If you have 10 minutes to spare then you have enough time to make this beer cheese dip! It’s so simple and fast, you will want to cook it all the time!
- Whisk: In a medium size sauce pan over medium high heat, add the butter and melt. Then, you can add in the flour and slowly whisk in the milk. Add in the beer and whisk.
- Mix in the cheese: Add in the cheese and mix until cheese is melted.
- Add spices: Add in the paprika, garlic and dijon mustard and whisk until it is desired consistency.
Tips for Making Dip
There are a few things that you can do to this beer cheese dip to make it turn out perfectly! Here are a few of my suggestions that can help you out!
- Don’t use pre-shredded cheese: Cheese that is already shredded has a coating on it to make it so that it doesn’t stick to the bag. This makes it so that the cheese doesn’t melt as easily with other ingredients! Stick to a block of cheese that you can shred yourself and the texture of this will be so much better!
- Keep the dip warm: To keep this warm when you are serving it, try using a mini crock pot or fondue pot! Make sure just to stir it every once in a while!
- Choosing a beer: A darker beer will have a more bitter flavor and a lighter beer will be less noticable. Either will work in this recipe!
How to Store Leftovers
If you are lucky enough to have some of this beer cheese dip leftover, then here is how you can store it and save it for later!
- Refrigerator: Once your dip has cooled, store it in an airtight container in your fridge for up to 4 days!
- Reheat: Take it out of your fridge and stir it WELL. Then, heat it up on your stovetop (stirring constantly) on low until it is heated through.
Super Easy Beer Cheese Dip
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup beer of choice
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese freshly grated
- 1/2 cup gruyere freshly grated
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
This beer cheese dip is delicious! Simple to make and easy to follow directions, thank you. The dip paired perfectly with soft pretzels from https://preppykitchen.com/soft-pretzels-recipe/comment-page-1/?unapproved=82357&moderation-hash=55b145a7e2afc1171eadcb49bf6b18ef#comment-82357
We are doing low carb- do you think I would be able to sub almond or coconut flour?
That should work fine!
You mention garlic in the recipe. Is that minced garlic, garlic powder, garlic salt?
I have used minced garlic and garlic powder before. Either will work!
My sons friend brought huge pretzels from a bakery in Philadelphia. I had a lot of cheese remnants. I used the measurements for the items and added my cheeses. Came out great!! Easy recipe!
So glad to hear it!! Those pretzels sound delicious too!
Such great information for a blogger I am a professional blogger thanks
What do you dip in this sauce?
I baked some bread “chips” to dip in it. I will have to make a recipe for those!
Made this tonight to put on top of our burgers. I used the leftovers in a baked macaroni for tomorrow night. I love making two meals in one night 🙌🏻
Very helpful for me as well as others also.
Thanks for Sharing great one.
I googled for the same and came to your site from the first listing. Great job done. This will help me a lot in my site promotion