This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Neiman Marcus Bars are the easiest indulgent treat! These addicting bars are a mix between a blondie bar and cheesecake square but gooey and have a shiny crispy top like a brownie. This is the perfect dessert for sharing with family and friends!
Sometimes you just need a quick, easy, and amazing dessert. These 6-ingredient gooey Neiman Marcus Bars are just that! If you’re looking for more dessert recipes that are quick, simple, and party worthy, try Perfect Lemon Bars and Chewy Butter Blondies.
Neiman Marcus Bars
The summer is full of parties but your schedule can still be just as hectic, leaving little time to whip up a fancy treat. Neiman Marcus Bars taste like a million bucks but no one will ever guess it all started with a box of cake mix and just 5 simple ingredients. These gooey cake bars are addicting and are sure to be a hit!
How to Make Neiman Marcus Bars?
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and prepare you pan by spraying it with grease or lining with parchment paper.
- With an electric mixer, combine the cake mix (just the powder. Disregard instructions on the box for adding other ingredients.), 2 of the eggs, and the melted butter. This will be thick but spread it into the pan as evenly possible.
- Make the top layer by mixing the cream cheese, eggs, powdered sugar, and vanilla together. Pour it over the cake batter.
- Bake for 35 minutes and then remove and cool completely.
Why are they called Neiman Marcus Bars?
These bars are sometime referred to as “gooey butter bars”. They are so rich in flavor that they are often called Neiman Marcus Bars because Neiman Marcus is an upscale store for the rich. The recipe is not from the from store.
What kind of cake mix should I use?
For this recipe you need a yellow cake mix. I use Duncan Hines but you can use any other brand of the same size. If you want to experiment with different flavors, try using a lemon, chocolate, or red velvet cake mix!
Want more dessert bars? Enjoy these ones!
- Berry Swirl Cheesecake Bars
- Coconut Lime Butter Bars
- Cherry Cheesecake Bars
- Cream Cheese Blondie Bars
- Peanut Butter Scotcheroos
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Neiman Marcus Bars
- Preheat oven to 350°F (325°F if using a dark pan). Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan or line with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer, combine the cake mix, 2 eggs, and melted butter. The batter will be thick. Spread into the bottom of the greased pan with a rubber spatula.
- Reuse the bowl (no need to clean) to combine the cream cheese, 2 eggs, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Pour over the top of the cake batter.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Allow to cool completely and then slice and serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.