I call these babies the devil. Probably because you can’t eat just one. They sit there and tempt you and you eat them all square by square. I have this recipe memorized because people always ask me to make them. They make a lot. You could feed a small army with them. Or keep half for yourself. I usually cut them in little squares so I feel better about eating 100 of them. True story. I made these and my Cafe Rio Pork on me and my hubby’s second date. Yeah. We are married now. They are that good. This is definitely a recipe to try and keep in the recipe box!
Rating: 5 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 3 stars
Review: My advice is to give most of these away. You will eat them slowly until too many are consumed. Make sure you have a tall glass of milk to go with them! These are seriously the best that I have tried and a recipe you will want to make again and again!
Peanut Butter Bars
1 c Brown Sugar
1 c white Sugar
1 c butter
1 c peanut butter
1 t salt
1 t baking soda
2 c rolled oats
2 c flour
1/2 cup butter
3 Tablespoons cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla
6 T milk
3 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream together the brown sugar, white sugar, butter, and peanut butter.
2. Add the eggs, salt, baking soda, rolled oats, and flour. Blend until until it is all mixed together.
3. Spread on a large 15×9 inch pan. Bake for 15 minutes, no longer, and let cool completely.
4. After cooled spread a thin layer of peanut butter on top of the cookie. I use about 1/2 cup and soften it in the microwave so it is easier to spread.
5. For the frosting, melt butter and add the cocoa. Remove from heat and add the powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk. Mix together very well and spread the final frosting layer on the very top. Also I have found that if you let the bars chill with the frosting in the fridge for an hour, the frosting will set up faster so that you can consume them quicker. 🙂
5th Step: Be careful not to eat too many in one sitting. Cut them in small squares and eat one by one until gone! 🙂