Rating: 5 stars Difficulty of Recipe: 3 stars
Things that I changed: I didn’t have quick oats, just the regular kind. Still tasted great. Not sure what the difference would be. I also used 8 ounces of cream cheese.
Things I will do differently next time: My friend said that she uses apricot pineapple jam. You can use any jam you would like! I would love to try something new next time! I also wouldn’t use a whole jar of jam. Maybe half would be fine.
Will I make this again? Yes
Recipe from: Allrecipes
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 18 ounces red raspberry preserves
- 1/3 cup chopped slivered almonds
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Press three-fourths of the mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 11-13 minutes or until set and edges just begin to brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Spread over crust. Drop preserves by spoonfuls over cream cheese mixture; carefully spread evenly. Combine almonds and remaining oat mixture; sprinkle over preserves.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until set and edges are golden brown. Cool before cutting. Store in the refrigerator.