Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls are filled with a delicious pumpkin and brown sugar filling and topped with a drizzle of cream cheese frosting. Soft, fluffy and so perfect for fall.
Hey guys! It’s Kelly from Life Made Sweeter back again and today I’m sharing one of my favorite things I love to make once the weather cools down.
The dough is made completely from scratch and the added pumpkin and warm spices add that magical flavor we can’t get enough of.
The filling is a combination of pumpkin, butter, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice. So gooey and the aroma that fills your house is just incredible!
These pumpkin cinnamon rolls are soft, fluffy and melt in your mouth delicious. They are just perfect for breakfast or brunch.
Top with a sweet cream cheese glaze and enjoy these warm rolls right out of the oven!
- 3¼ - 3⅔ cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2½ teaspoons instant yeast
- ⅔ cup canned pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, slightly melted
- 2½ tablespoons canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine 2 cups flour and yeast together and set aside. In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the pumpkin, milk, sugar and butter, pumpkin pie spice and salt and heat until warm (120°-130°) and butter is almost melted. Remove from heat and stir in to the flour/yeast mixture. Add the beaten egg and mix on low speed. Turn the mixer on high and beat for 3 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Turn the mixer back on low and slowly add in remaining 1¼ cups - 1⅔ cups flour (just until the dough is no longer sticking to the sides of the bowl) then beat on high for 1 more minute. Transfer to a large greased bowl. Cover and let rise in a warm area until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Roll dough into a 12 x 10 inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface or a silicone mat. Combine slightly melted butter with pumpkin and spread on dough. Mix together brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice and sprinkle over dough. Roll dough tightly, jelly roll style, starting with the longer side.
- Cut into 9-12 slices depending on how thick or what pan you are using. Place rolls, cut side down in a greased 9 inch square pan or 9×13 inch pan and cover with a damp cloth and let rise for 30-60 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile using a stand mixer or a hand mixer, beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Slowly add the powdered sugar, salt, vanilla and 2 tablespoons milk. Beat until combined, about 1 minute. If glaze is too thick to drizzle, add more milk, 1 teaspoon at a time. Spread or drizzle half the glaze over slightly cooled rolls. Serve warm or room temperature with additional glaze if desired.
More pumpkin recipes you might like: