This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Salmon Burgers are light and tasty burgers that are easy to make ahead and enjoy all summer! The homemade salmon patty is flavorful and quick and easy to grill!
Delicious Salmon Burgers
Salmon burgers are so satisfying and healthy. Those two words don’t usually go together, but this nutrient packed burger is both good for you and just good! It is one of the best salmon burger recipes, including restaurant versions. The fresh taste of seafood and the tangy and bright seasonings are perfection in every hearty bite.
Making a salmon burger from scratch is easy to do and it comes together in under 30 minutes. Make these patties in bulk and freeze them to grill later, or grill them freshly made. Either way, the result is a must try salmon burger that is impressive and crowd-pleasing!
Ingredients in Salmon Burgers:
Most of the ingredients in these from-scratch salmon burgers are already in your pantry, spice cabinet, or refrigerator door. They are staple ingredients that take your salmon and turn it into an insanely delicious burger.
- Salmon: Buy a center cut filet that has skin and pin bones removed.
- Dijon: Adds moistness and flavor.
- Worcestershire sauce: Tangy taste and binding ingredient.
- Green Onion: Mild onion flavor and crunchy texture.
- Fresh dill: Adds more depth of flavor and pairs well with the salmon.
- Lemon juice: A bit of freshness.
- Salt and Pepper: To taste!
- Bread crumbs: Holds the patty together while its grilling.
- Optional: Serve with butter lettuce and tartar sauce.
How to Make Salmon Burgers from Scratch:
Salmon burgers are so fresh and satisfying and easy to make from scratch at home. They are better than anything you can buy at a restaurant and are ready in just minutes!
- Prep: Preheat the grill to medium high heat. Cut the salmon into one-inch cubes.
- Mix ingredients: Place salmon in a food processor with dijon, Worcestershire sauce, green onion, dill, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pulse until combined. Meanwhile, in a medium sized bowl add the salmon and breadcrumbs then add it to the mix.
- Form patties: Shape meat mixture into four patties.
- Grill: Let patties cook on grill for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Serve: Remove from grill and place on buns and desired toppings.
Tips for the Best Salmon Burgers:
Salmon is a versatile fish that goes well with both bold and subtle flavors. So, when building your salmon burger there are many ways to get creative!
- Toppings: Keep your burger simple or load it with flavorful toppings like avocado, tomato, onion, lettuce.
- Sauces: Pesto, dill sauce, honey mustard, or tartar are my favorite sauces to pair with a salmon burger.
- Serve with Burgers: Try Garlic parmesan green beans, roasted honey garlic carrots, or crispy garlic sweet potato fries.
- Perfect Temperature: A finished salmon burger should have a golden-brown color on the outside and an opaque pink color on the inside as it cooks. Salmon must reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees to be safe to eat.
Can Salmon Burgers Be Made Ahead?
Salmon patties are so easy to make ahead and store. They are great way to use up any leftover salmon too! Cover them tightly in aluminum foil or plastic wrap before storing. Be sure to separate each patty with parchment paper so that they can easily be pulled apart to re-heat later.
- Refrigerator: Cooked salmon patties will last for up to 4 days in the refrigerator. While raw patties should not be left in the refrigerator longer than 2 days.
- Freezer: Both grilled and raw salmon patties can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Re-heat: To thaw, place in a pan on medium-high heat until heated through.
More Delicious Burger Recipes:
- Spinach Feta Turkey Burgers
- Grilled Chipotle Ranch Burgers
- The Best Burger and Secret Sauce Recipe
- Queso Burgers
- Tuscan Garlic Burger with Pesto Mayo
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Optional for serving:
- tarter sauce
- butter lettuce
- Shape into four patties and place on the grill. Grill for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove from grill and place on buns and desired toppings.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.