Spinach Feta Turkey Burgers with fresh spinach, salty crumbled feta cheese and a super tender turkey patty topped with lemony greek yogurt.
Spinach Feta Turkey Burgers are a flavorful non beef option for burger night! With minced garlic and deliciously salty, briny cumbled feta cheese this dish is worthy of your bbq as well as lunch and dinner all through the fall! Take advantage of all the ground turkey deals and make these burgers!
Turkey burgers are a difficult sandwich idea to sell usually because most people see a bun and want a beef burger. In addition to that ground turkey is incredibly lean (which usually means DRY and lacking in flavor) so people tend to shy away from it.
These Spinach Feta Turkey Burgers are the complete opposite of what you’ve thought of turkey burgers. The spinach and onions add moisture. The garlic and oregano and feta add a ton of flavor. With a lemony greek yogurt spread this burger will win over die hard burger fans.
And if you want to cut the calories even more, you can serve these burgers in lettuce cups or over a salad. The flavors are bright and fresh.
Looking for more burger recipes?
- Asian Barbecue Burgers with Sweet Chili Lime Mayo
- Big Mac Burger
- Tuscan Garlic Burgers with Pesto Mayo
or maybe you want more turkey recipes? It is the season after all!
- Turkey Bacon Ranch Pinwheels
- Grilled Turkey Florentine Sandwich
- Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
- Skinny Chipotle Black Bean & Turkey Enchiladas
Some tips for these delicious Spinach Feta Turkey Burgers:
- Can I use frozen spinach: Yes, I used fresh but you can use frozen. Defrost it well and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Is is necessary to grate the onions: YES, this adds a TON of moisture, and if you mince it the onions won’t break down and you’ll taste them in every bite.
- Can I make these ahead: Yes, form the patties and freeze ahead of time if you’d like, but I’d caution to use frozen spinach if doing that.
- You can also form these into delicious Spinach Feta Turkey Meatballs or kebabs and serve with either pasta or pilaf.
Spinach Feta Turkey Burgers
- 1 cup fresh spinach chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 yellow onion grated
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 pound feta crumbles
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 4 hamburger buns
- green leaf lettuce
- 1 tomato sliced
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 pinches ground black pepper
- Mix the spinach, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, feta and turkey together in a bowl until just combined.
- Shape into 4 patties, 1-inch thick.
- Heat a heavy skillet or cast iron skillet on pan to medium-high.
- Add the patties and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side. Do not keep flipping them over.
- Toast the hamburger buns lightly.
- Mix the yogurt, lemon, salt and pepper in a bowl and add to the buns.
- Top with lettuce, onion and the turkey patty.
Looking for some new sandwich ideas?