Slow Cooker Parmesan Honey Pork Roast
Slow cooker parmesan honey pork roast is just what is needed on a busy weeknight or a Sunday dinner. This is a tender, fall apart juicy roast that tastes amazing in the slow cooker. As it is slowly cooked in the slow cooker the parmesan honey pork roast tenderizes and marinates in all the juices for hours all day making this melt in your mouth with every bite. Pork is one of my favorite meats to cook and serve because of how easy it is to tenderize with sauces as well as the simplicity of the meat.
This parmesan honey pork roast is so simple to make. The slow cooker does all the work. Simply add the pork roast in the slow cooker and whisk together the ingredients for a sticky, thin sauce that is full of flavor. Pour overtop the pork roast and let cook. Once it is done cooking make a gravy with the parmesan honey sauce by boiling it and adding cornstarch to thicken it. Pour the thickened parmesan honey glaze over top the pork roast and enjoy! This is best served hot and with your favorite sides for a complete meal. Get ready for lots of MMMMs and oh, yeahs! This is the best parmesan honey pork roast!
Pork Roast Ingredients:
- Boneless Pork Roast: Let your pork rest 20 to 30 minutes before adding it to the slow cooker.
- Parmesan Cheese: Grated parmesan cheese can be bought already grated.
- Honey: Local honey is best or a sweet honey to add that sweetness.
- Soy Sauce: Low sodium is the soy sauce I usually
- Dried Basil: Adds a rustic and dry seasoning to this sweet sauce.
- Minced Garlic: Garlic is always a favorite. Minced fresh or already in a marinated jar.
- Olive Oil: This adds to the flavoring as well as coats the pork roast.
- Salt: Just a pinch to taste.
- Cornstarch: This cornstarch helps at the end to thicken the sauce making it a savory thick gravy sauce.
- Cold Water: Mixes with the cornstarch and adds that roux paste to thicken the gravy sauce at the end.
How to Make a Pork Roast in a Slow Cooker:
- Add ingredients to the slow cooker: Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place roast in slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, honey, soy sauce, basil, garlic, oil and salt; pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove meat from slow cooker: Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Thicken sauce: Gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice roast; serve with gravy (I also made mashed potatoes and the gravy was delicious on them!).
What to serve with Parmesan Honey Pork Roast:
Make this a complete meal by adding a couple of sides for a delicious fulfilling meal. A side salad, mashed potatoes and a dinner roll are a classic dinner meal. Here are more sides to choose from helping add to this honey pork roast dinner.
Cooking Temperatures for Pork:
Knowing when pork is at its tender best is easier than you think. All you need is a meat thermometer. Because for most pork cuts, an internal temperature of 145˚F ensures that you’ll have perfectly cooked pork that is tender and juicy, and not dry. Take a look at this video and you’ll learn that just like steak, it’s okay if your pork is pink on the inside. The National Pork Board recommends cooking chops, roasts, loins, and tenderloin to an internal temperature of 145° F, followed by a three-minute rest.
- Rare to Medium: 145 to 150 degrees Fahrenheit
- Medium: 150 to 155 degrees Fahrenheit
- Medium to Well: 155 to 160 degrees Fahrenheit
- Well: 160 degrees Fahrenheit
More Tender Pork Recipes:
- Skillet Pork Chops with Maple Dijon Vegetables
- Skillet Pork Cacciatore
- Creamy Garlic Pork Marsala
- Grilled Spinach and Herb Stuffed Pork Chops
- Cast Iron Skillet Pork Chops
Slow Cooker Parmesan Honey Pork Roast
Slow Cooker Parmesan Honey Pork Roast is a tender pork roast slow cooked in a sweet and savory grated parmesan, sticky honey, soy sauce with dried basil seasoning and garlic sauce making this fall apart tender with every slice. The best mouth watering pork roast!
- 2-3 pounds boneless pork roast
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp dried basil
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place roast in slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, honey, soy sauce, basil, garlic, oil and salt; pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth.
Gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice roast; serve with gravy (I also made mashed potatoes and the gravy was delicious on them!).
Updated on February 25, 2020
Originally Posted on May 26, 2012