We have a fire pit in our backyard and we love making s’mores! We use our fire pit at least 2 times a week and making the perfect s’more is quite the skill to master. We have a friend that holds the title of making the perfect s’more. I always designate him to make my s’more because I usually burn the marshmallow because I am not very patient. His trick was to get the marshmallow perfectly golden and let the chocolate melt on the graham cracker by the fire. You know it is an amazing s’more if you have chocolate and marshmallow all over your face when you get done! These s’mores were perfect!
I sure missed our fire pit while living in North Carolina. So I had to give all of our friends a s’more fix while we were out there. All of the delicious goodness is PACKED into this brownie! The melty marshmallow, the graham cracker crust, and a hershey bar melted on the top for the frosting! The brownie were perfectly moist and rich. These of course were a huge hit and loved by all!
- 8 sheets of graham crackers
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2½ Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 heaping cup mini marshmallows
- 3 oz milk chocolate chips or 2 1.5-oz Hershey bars, broken into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In an 8x8 pan spray the sides with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a food processor, pulse the graham crackers until fine. In a small bowl, combine the crumbs, 2 Tbs sugar, and ¼ cup melted butter. Press firmly in the bottom of the 8x8 dish.
- In a medium bowl or kitchenaid mixer, combine softened butter, 1 cup sugar, and cocoa until smooth. Add eggs and stir. Add flour, vanilla and salt until the mixture is combined. Spread half over the graham cracker crust.
- Sprinkle marshmallows on top of half of the layer, then spread remaining batter on the top. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips or broken hershey bars on top of the brownie. Return to the oven and let cook for 3 more minutes. Remove from oven and spread chocolate with a rubber spatula. Cool completely.