This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Turkey Taco Stuffed Avocados is a soft, ripe avocado stuffed full of lean ground turkey meat topped with black olives, sliced cherry tomatoes sprinkled on cheddar cheese and garnished with cilantro. A healthy twist on tacos!
Turkey is a lean meat and lighter for everyday meals. Try more delicious turkey dishes like Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps, Turkey Stuffed Peppers or Turkey Mediterranean Casserole that are light and tasty.
Turkey Taco Stuffed Avocados
Turkey Taco Stuffed Avocados are rich in flavor with low calories and all the flavor!
You will be pleased with how light and tasty this quick lunch or light dinner is.
It all comes together quickly and easily for a busy weeknight or a quick lunch on the go.
Ground turkey is light and delicious and easy to cook. It cooks quickly over the stovetop and tastes AMAZING in the avocado.
Avocados are found to be healthy and good for your inside and out.
With this simple meal you will feel better and healthier while making those New Years resolutions!
Are Turkey Taco Stuffed Avocados healthy for you?
Yes! These Turkey Taco Stuffed Avocados are SO good and taste just like a taco, with a twist!
These have ALL the flavor with less calories.
Light and tasty avocados are just what you need to make this a light dinner or a healthy lunch.
Avocados are full of healthy fats and are low carb and low fat fruit.
What you need to make Turkey Taco Stuffed Avocados:
All the right ingredients to make the perfect taco in an avocado.
Taco Tuesday just got better! This is the VERY BEST twist on taco.
The rich flavors from the avocado blended with lean turkey meat with all the toppings is so refreshing and tasty!
Every bite is full of flavor and deliciousness. You won’t be able to stop!
- Ground Turkey: Cook and drain the turkey meat.
- Homemade Taco Seasoning: The BEST Homemade Taco Seasoning or a taco seasoning packet will work too.
- Tomato Sauce: this is a thickener and helps add to the turkey meat.
- Avocados: It is best to buy larger avocados for filling.
- Cheddar Cheese: sprinkle over top.
- Sour Cream: just a dollop over top lightens up the dinner.
- Olives: canned olives that are chopped.
- Chopped Tomatoes: Roma tomatoes or cherry tomatoes are best.
How to make Turkey Taco Stuffed Avocados:
Picking the best avocado is going to be the hardest part of this whole dinner, that is just how simple and easy this dinner is.
Ripe, green, almost purple avocados are the best ones to choose at the grocery store.
With a gentle squeeze you will be sure to know which avocado is best to bring home and start stuffing.
Once you have the avocado in hand, cut in half and remove the avocado pit.
Dig a little deeper with a spoon to hollow out just the right amount of avocado for stuffing in the turkey meat.
You can also use the extra avocado to make guacamole with.
Once your avocados are prepared, add in your turkey meat and toppings!
- Cook the ground turkey: In a medium sized skillet over medium high heat at the ground turkey. Cook and crumble until cooked throughout. Add the chili powder, onion powder, dried oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Add in the tomato sauce and let simmer.
- Prepare the avocados: Remove the pit from the avocado and fill each avocado with mixture. Top with desired toppings and enjoy!
Toppings for Turkey Taco Stuffed Avocados:
Mixing up the toppings can change the flavors of this tried and true Turkey Taco Stuffed Avocado.
Turn up the heat or cool it down with fun toppings that make this your own!
- Corn: fresh or frozen warmed up and placed over top.
- Lettuce: sprinkle over top of the turkey meat.
- Jalapeños: add some spice to the avocado.
- Black Beans: canned is easiest and just add it right over top.
- Red Onions: chopped up
- Rice: Mexican rice or white rice is fun to add in.
- Salsa: I have a few great salsas to try. Your classic salsa: Best Blender Salsa (5 Minutes!) or 5 Minute Mango Salsa for a fresh fruity salsa.
- Pico de Gallo: such a refreshing salsa and simple to make.
Tips and Variations for making Turkey Taco Stuffed Avocados:
Picking the right avocado is the magic trick to making this the best Turkey Taco Stuffed Avocado.
Once you have the perfect avocado the protein and toppings just blend easily and everything tastes delicious.
- Different protein: Substitute lean ground beef or shredded chicken.
- Avocados: Ripe is best and the larger the better as well. Make sure your avocado is gentle and a little squeezable if you are planning to make the day of.
- Ripen Avocados: if your avocado is in the refrigerator, take out and let it sit out on a counter. This may take a day or two to ripen. For a quicker ripen, place your avocados in a brown paper bag with bananas or another fruit that contains ethylene. When the fruit is combined it will release ethylene, which enhances the avocados and turns them ripe quickly.
- Cheese: Mix it up a bit and try jalapeño cheese or Mexican blend to enjoy on top.
- Making ahead: Avocados do not last too long when made ahead. I would suggest preparing the turkey meat ahead of time and storing in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When you are ready to make and prepare the avocados, simply warm up the turkey meat and stuff the avocado with it and toppings for your meal.
More Delicious Tacos to Enjoy:
- Easy Shrimp Tacos
- Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken Tacos
- Breakfast Tacos
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Tacos
- Smoky Paprika Fish Tacos with an Apple Slaw
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Turkey Taco Stuffed Avocados
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 3 avocados halved
- cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- chopped tomatoes
- In a medium sized skillet over medium high heat at the ground turkey. Cook and crumble until cooked throughout. Add the chili powder, onion powder, dried oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Add in the tomato sauce and let simmer.
- Remove the pit from the avocado and fill each avocado with mixture. Top with desired toppings and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.