One of my favorite things about the summer is having BBQ’s. Even though my hubby is king of the grill, I am pretty good at it myself! I love lemon chicken so I was excited to put this on the grill. I already had a back up plan for my picky five year old to make him for dinner. I wasn’t sure if he would like the lemon flavor or not. Of course my nine year old loved it and asked for seconds. As soon as I brought it in from the grill, my five year old asked me if he could try I bite. I was shocked so I gave him a piece. Well he didn’t gag or anything and actually LOVED it! I was so excited!! He ate the entire piece of chicken. If my five year old loved it I know that your family will too!
The chicken marinated overnight in an amazing lemon marinade. It was a great balance and wasn’t too lemony. The chicken grilled up perfectly and was so tender and juicy with just the right amount of lemon. I cut up some lemon slices and grilled them on the grill and they made the perfect garnish to this amazing dish!
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup olive oil
- ⅔ cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 medium onion diced
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Add the diced onion.
- Put chicken in a gallon sized bag with marinade. Allow to marinate overnight.
- Place chicken on preheated grill and sprinkle with additional pepper. Cook for about 20 minutes on the grill or until no longer pink in center.
- Can also grill additional lemon slices for garnish.
Subscribe to the Recipe Critic Blog and get family friendly recipes via e-mail.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls - April 18, 2017
- Weekly Menu Plan #96 - April 15, 2017
- Triple Berry Chicken Avocado Salad with a Creamy Lemon Poppyseed Dressing - April 13, 2017