My favorite thing to order at a restaurant is spinach artichoke dip. The combination of spinach and artichokes in a creamy sauce is amazing. This recipe for spinach artichoke pasta is just like the delicious creamy dip with pasta, and it will become an instant favorite!
Sometimes it is hard to get a pasta sauce nice and thick and creamy. But this sauce was perfect. It was delicious and cheesy and thick and creamy over the noodles. I loved the spinach and artichoke inside the pasta! This was fantastic!
- 6 Tablespoons Butter
- 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 bags Baby Spinach
- 2 cans Artichoke Hearts, Drained And Halved
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- 3 cups Whole Milk
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- ½ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1½ cups Mozzarella Or Monterey Jack Cheese, Grated
- ½ cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth (less Or More)
- 12 ounces Penne, Cooked Until Al Dente
- ½ cup Italian Panko Breadcrumbs
- Crushed Red Pepper, To Taste
- In a large pot, melt 2 Tablespoons butter. Add the garlic and spinach. Stir in the butter and garlic until wilted. About 1-2 minutes. Remove spinach from heat and set aside.
- In the same pot, melt another 2 Tablespoons butter on high heat and add the halved artichokes until they slightly change in color about 2 minutes. Remove artichokes from the pot and set aside.
- Turn heat to low and add 2 Tablespoons of butter. Once it is melted, whisk the flour into the butter. Pour in milk and whisk to combine. Let it cool for about 4 minutes until it starts to thicken. Add parmesan, mozzarella/monterey jack, salt and pepper, and cayenne pepper. Depending on how thick it is, slowly add the chicken broth, up to ½ cup depending on desired thickness.
- Add artichokes and pasta to the sauce, tossing gently to coat. Fold in spinach, then pour the pasta into a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle panko crumbs on top for added crunch and sprinkle crushed red pepper.
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Apple Pecan Crisp - August 22, 2016
- One Pan Crispy Parmesan Garlic Chicken with Vegetables - August 21, 2016
- Weekly Menu Plan #62 - August 20, 2016