Last weekend I was able to do a couple of cooking demonstrations at a conference and attend some classes. I went to a class taught by one of my favorite girls, The Six Sisters. They made some caramel popcorn and even gave out some samples. Seriously. Nothing is better than homemade caramel popcorn! I can’t believe that I haven’t made it until now.
There were a lot of fun little booths set up at the conference. One of the booths specialized in salted caramel. It was incredible. Something to me about combining a little bit of salty with a little bit of sweet is so yummy. I decided that I wanted to do that with this recipe!
Homemade caramel popcorn is so easy to make. It always seemed so intimidating to me. I have made this twice now since the conference! The entire family got involved and my youngest loved helping pop the popcorn. The caramel sauce only takes about 10 minutes to heat up and then you just pour it over the popcorn. It is really the best! This recipe is definitely a keeper and we will make it over and over again at our house!
- ½ cup uncooked popcorn kernels
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup light karo syrup
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (more or less to taste)
- Pop your popcorn kernels in an air popper machine and pop into a large bowl. Set aside.
- On medium high heat in a medium saucepan, cook the brown sugar, butter, and karo syrup. Allow to come to a boil. Add sweetened condensed milk and sea salt.
- Allow to softly boil for about 3-4 minutes until it gets to the softball stage. Be careful to not cook to long and allow it to burn.
- Pour the caramel over the popped popcorn. Mix with a wooden spoon to make sure that it can all be coated evenly. Enjoy!
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- Weekly Menu Plan #77 - December 3, 2016
- One Pan Crispy Parmesan Paprika Chicken with Vegetables - November 27, 2016
- Overnight Caramel Banana French Toast with Caramel Syrup - November 26, 2016