A creamy and delicious classic italian dish that is ready in under 30 minutes! The creamy sauce is full of flavor and mushrooms and will be one of the best things that you make!
I had plans to share another recipe with you today but this was so amazing that I could not wait to share! Do you ever make something and think, DANG! I just made that? This Creamy Chicken Marsala became an instant favorite with the very first bite. It was a 5 star restaurant quality meal that I made right in my kitchen!
This recipe could not be easier to make. Which gave it another reason why I loved it so much. You pan fry the chicken and then create the delicious sauce. The sauce only requires a few ingredients and thickens up and coats the chicken so well.
The creamy sauce uses the sweet marsala wine that gives such great flavor. (Don’t worry because alcohol does burn off during the cooking process and is safe for the kids to eat. But if you are worried about it I have provided an alternative.) All you have to add to it is some heavy cream, garlic, mustard, and voila! All done. I am not a huge mushroom fan but I love them cooked in sauces. They were tender and added such great flavor and texture to the dish.
Everything about this meal is PHENOMENAL. It is simple and packed with such amazing flavor. It really tastes like you created a restaurant quality meal right at home that is simple and delicious. You are going to want to put this at the top of the list of things to make. It is even picky eater approved at our house (minus the mushrooms) and this Creamy Chicken Marsala is one we will make again and again!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced*
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ cups sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup Marsala wine** see note
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Fresh Chopped Parsley for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the pan. Add the chicken and lightly salt and pepper. Cook until lightly brown and cooked throughout. Remove chicken and set aside on plate.
- Add 1 Tablespoon olive oil and sauté the mushrooms for 1-2 minutes. Add marsala wine and bring to a boil over medium high heat for 1-2 minutes. This allows the alcohol to burn out. Add the chicken broth, heavy whipping cream, ground mustard, and garlic powder. Bring to a boil and reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until it starts to thicken. Place chicken back in the sauce and continue to simmer for about 1-2 minutes.
** The alcohol in the marsala wine burns off during the cooking process. If you are worried about cooking with wine, they say this recipe makes a good substitute.
1/4 cup of white grape juice
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons of sherry vinegar