Super Easy 20 Minute Black Bean Soup! A hearty, filling vegetarian soup!
Hi guys! It’s Kelley back from Chef Savvy! Today I am sharing with you my 20 Minute Black Bean Soup! This soup is loaded with flavor, takes only 20 minutes to make and is vegetarian!
This soup is loaded with tons of black beans, corn, fire roasted tomatoes and cilantro. It’s a hearty, satisfying soup for the cold winter months.
This 20 Minute Black Bean Soup is super easy to make. Simply sauté the onions and garlic and stir in the rest of the ingredients. Let simmer for 10-15 minutes and serve! I like to serve this soup with a wedge of lime and cilantro! Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can garlic fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 4 (15 ounce cans) black beans, (2 undrained and 2 drained and rinsed)
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (4 ounce can) diced green chilies
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1½ teaspoons cumin
- ½-1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- fresh chopped cilantro for serving, if desired
- Add two cans of undrained black beans to a food processor and pulse until thickened. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large dutch oven or pot.
- Stir in onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes, all of the black beans, chicken broth, green chilies, corn, cumin and chili powder.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- If the soup is too thick add more chicken broth. If you would like it thicker puree some of the soup in a blender or food processor.
- Take off of the heat and stir in fresh squeeze lime juice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately with fresh chopped cilantro for serving.
- Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Soup
- Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Thai Coconut Soup
- Turkey Meatball Vegetable Soup