We have been eating broccoli quite a bit around here. It is my favorite vegetable so we always have it around the house. My little baby who is not so little anymore is eating pretty much everything that we do. She is my first baby that will eat everything. Fruits, vegetables, you name it she will like it. Sometimes I try a tiny taste of her baby vegetables and gag. She gobbles those things down like nobodies business. She especially loves broccoli. What kid likes broccoli? Tonight I had some broccoli on my plate and she scooted all the way across the room. She looked at me with puppy dog eyes begging me for some. She loves it! I am really hoping that this love for all food lasts. 🙂
Broccoli in salads is my favorite. I especially love this Broccoli Cashew Salad that is on the blog. But this Broccoli Apple Salad became an instant favorite!
As I was eating it, I just couldn’t get enough! I knew this salad would be amazing but I wasn’t expecting it to become a new favorite! SO many delicious new textures and flavors in this salad. The broccoli, carrots, and red onion, was followed by the sweetness of the apples and dried cranberries. The pecans added another yummy flavor and crunch. The creamy dressing on top was THEE best. Holy cow. It completed this fresh and delicious salad perfectly. I know that if you make this salad, it will become an instant favorite as well!
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets, (about 2 medium heads)
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 2 large apples, finely chopped (I used gala apples)
- ½ cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Creamy dressing ingredients:
- ½ cup lite mayonnaise
- ½ cup low fat greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl combine broccoli, carrots, red onion, apples, pecans, and dried cranberries.
- To make the dressing: Whisk together mayonnaise, greek yogurt, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss to coat. Chill until ready to serve.