Pistachios in a salad. Why have I not done this before? I am obsessed with Pistachios. One year at Christmas, my dad wrapped me a present under the tree and can you guess what it was? A giant bag of pistachios from Costco. That was the best Christmas ever. I am pretty sure that is one of the reasons that we have a membership to Costco now. 😉
I wanted to put together a delicious salad with the ingredients that I already had on hand. Being that I have been eating clean for 30 days now, my house is filled with fruit. I wanted to put pear and raspberry together in a salad. I love fruit in a salad because you are getting the best of both worlds. Your greens and your veggies.
This creamy poppyseed dressing is my absolute favorite. I have used it in these salads here and here as well. It is no secret that it is a personal favorite. It is creamy, tangy, and sweet all rolled up into one and is the perfect dressing.
This salad became an instant favorite with the first bite! So many amazing flavor combinations and the pears and raspberries went together perfectly. But my favorite part was the crunch of the pistachios throughout! Gave it such a unique and yummy flavor. If you love pistachios and want a great salad full of flavor, then this salad is just for you!
- 4 cups romaine, chopped
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 pears, thinly sliced
- ½ cup shelled pistachios
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Creamy Poppyseed Dressing:
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- To make the dressing: Whisk together in a small bowl mayonnaise, milk, sugar, cider vinegar, and poppyseeds. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add tossed romaine, raspberries, pears, pistachios, and feta cheese. Toss the salad. Add the poppyseed dressing and carefully toss to coat all of the ingredients. Serve immediately.