Me and one pot meals are BFF’s lately. How nice is it to only dirty one pan and have a delicious and hearty meal for dinner? They are fast, easy, and my family went crazy over this one!
It all started at Chili’s with my love for Cajun Chicken Pasta. I actually have a dang good copycat recipe here on the blog. I order every time, and my boys do too! So I was thinking one day. Why don’t I make this recipe in one pot that is quick and easy? So I did. And it was awesome.
The cajun flavor added so much flavor to this one pot meal. It added just the right amount of kick to the creamy alfredo sauce. It was amazing!
I loved throwing everything into the pot. Covering it for about 12 minutes and dinner was ready. The cajun wasn’t too spicy for the kids either. They gobbled it down.
Quick. Easy. One Pot. Delicious. I call this meal a success!
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size chunks
- 2 tsp. Cajun seasoning, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 oz. dried fettuccini pasta
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the chicken and season with 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning. Cook until the chicken is cooked throughout and no longer pink in the center. Add the garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Add the broth, half and half, 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to the pot. Break the fettuccine noodles in half and add them to the pot.
- Cover and bring to a rapid boil. Reduce heat to medium low and continue to cook for 10-12 minutes or until the noodles are al dente and there is only about ¼ inch of liquid along the bottom.
- Remove from heat and stir in the parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.