This Cheesy Zucchini Rice makes the best side to any meal. It is so cheesy and delicious and the best part is that it is hidden with zucchini! This will become a family favorite!
I love zucchini season. And I love that I have an over abundance in my backyard. And I especially love being able to sneak it into different recipes so that my kids will eat it. Like this one. We usually have rice for a side. So why not make it amazing by adding cheese and zucchini!?
We have now made this recipe 3 times since. I am telling you. It is one of the best sides that we have ever had! Everyone gobbled this down including the baby.
You have got to put this on the must make zucchini recipe list. Everything about this is incredible. From the cheese loaded inside to the zucchini hidden throughout, the flavor is out of this world! It ends up being the star of the dinner table.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 Tbs butter
- 2 medium zucchini, grated (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Stir in the rice, cover and reduce heat to low and cook for about 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and add the butter, zucchini, and cheese. Stir and let stand for about 5 minutes. Salt and Pepper to taste.
Recipe slightly adapted from Pink Parsley