Air fryer zucchini pizza bites are the perfect low-carb way to eat your pizza and love it too! Quick and easy these make a perfect snack, appetizer, or light meal any time of the week!
Air Fryer Zucchini Pizza Bites
Pizza is a favorite food at our house. It’s savory, cheesy, and divine. But I don’t always love the extra carbs. Just like in this Zucchini Lasagna, replacing the carbs with zucchini provides all the flavor without the extra calories. This is one of the most surprising recipes I have ever made. The air fryer makes the outside a bit crispy and the toppings are perfectly melted and cooked. These have to be on your to make this year’s list, with all that extra zucchini!
Packed with flavor, you are never going to miss the crust, but if you need to you can make these air fryer pizzas, that are just as amazing! These are perfect for a quick snack or pair it with some fruit and a salad for a light meal. Super easy to customize you can make these zucchini pizza’s any way you want to. Making this the perfect meal for everyone. Your friends and family can top their own just the way they like them for a guaranteed winner! These are best served right away so have plenty of zucchini on hand because these will go fast!
What You Need For Zucchini Pizza Bites
Using zucchini for the base of these little bites creates a crispy low-carb crust you are going to love. Packed with flavor and zesty taste, these are going to become a family favorite. For all the recipe measurements see the recipe card below.
- Zucchini: Pick a firm large zucchini that is uniformily shaped for even cooking.
- Salt and pepper: Add to taste.
- Marinara sauce: Use your favorite jarred variation or make your own from this incredible recipe.
- Mini pepperoni: These are the perfect size for zucchini pizza bites, and they crisp up nicely.
- Sliced olives: Olives are a favorite topping in our house.
- Mozerella cheese: If you can, shred your own mozerella so it will melt evenly.
- Italian seasoning: This adds incredible italian flavor traditional of pizza.
- Basil: This is optional for garnish, but I highly recommend it.
How To Make Pizza Bites with Zucchini
These zucchini pizzas are super easy to make and are a perfect recipe to make with your family. Let them top their own pizzas.
- Zucchini Prep: Cut the zucchini into ¼ slices. Lay the 4-6 slices in a single layer in the air fryer basket and salt and pepper.
- Top: Spread about a tablespoon of marinara sauce on top.
- Extra Toppings: Add the pepperoni and olives and top with cheese. Sprinkle Italian seasoning on top.
- Air Fry: Cook at 400 degrees for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Garnish with chopped basil.
Zucchini Pizza Bite Tips
Any way you top them or serve them, this healthy take on pizza is going to be a sure-fire favorite. Like my English muffin pizzas, they are totally individual and customizable. Perfect for picky eaters!
- Zucchini: Slice your zucchini all the same width, about 1/4″ thickness. This way your pizzas will cook at the same rate.
- Reduce the Water: Zucchini holds a lot of water. Take a paper towel and dab the slices before placing in the air fryer. This will help the toppings stick and help it get a bit of crust.
- Variation: Create Zucchini Pizza Boats by slicing the zucchini length ways. Scoop out the center that’s full of seeds, leaving plenty of flesh inside. Top with your favorite toppings. Increase the cook time by 3-4 minutes.
- Sauces: The base of most pizzas is marinara, but you can get creative. Try using BBQ, Alfredo, Buffalo or even Pesto for your sauce.
- Toppings: The sky is the limit here. Top the zucchini pizzas with your favorite combinations. Sausage, peppers, onion, ham, pineapple, chicken, Swiss cheese, cheddar cheese, blue cheese, mushrooms, and I could go on. Have a bunch of toppings available and let everyone make their own.
Storing and Reheating Zucchini Pizzas
These are definitely best eaten right away but can make these ahead, and storing them is as easy as it is making them. Store leftovers in an air-tight container for up to 3 days. I do not recommend freezing.
Reheat your individual pizzas in the air fryer at 400 degrees for 1-2 minutes. This will keep the outside from getting overly soggy and the toppings hot and melty. You are going to love this!
Air Fryer Zucchini Pizza Bites
- Cut the zucchini into ¼ slices. Lay the 4-6 slices in a single layer in the air fryer basket and salt and pepper.
- Spread about a tablespoon of marinara sauce on top.
- Add the pepperoni and olives and top with cheese. Sprinkle Italian seasoning on top.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Garnish with chopped basil.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.