This garlic chicken stir fry is a quick and easy dinner that’s perfect for those busy weeknights. Cubes of chicken are cooked with colorful veggies and tossed in a flavorful garlic sauce for a meal that’s way better than take out!
When I’m looking for a speedy dinner, I often turn to stir fry. It’s so easy to make and super versatile. This garlic chicken stir fry features chicken and mixed vegetables in a garlic sauce. This dish is definitely for garlic lovers – there are four cloves of it in the recipe! If you prefer a milder garlic flavor, you can easily cut down to 2-3 cloves and it will still be flavorful.
I used chicken breast, broccoli, mushrooms and yellow bell peppers in this dish. You can easily substitute in your family’s favorite vegetables, other great choices are snow peas, zucchini, carrots, or even celery. The veggies are cooked first, then removed from the pan and the chicken gets seared to golden brown perfection.
The sauce for this dish is a simple combination of ingredients that you probably already have in the pantry, like chicken broth, sesame oil and soy sauce. I like to put a pot of rice on the stove to steam while I prepare my garlic chicken stir fry so that all of the components of my meal are ready at the same time. Which is important when you’re in a hurry to get dinner on the table!
The whole family will love this stir fry, and you’ll love how quick it is to make!
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, divided use
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup mushrooms, halved
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 1½ teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Place 1 teaspoon of oil in a large pan and heat over medium high heat.
- Add the broccoli, mushrooms and bell pepper to the pan. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan; transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel, then heat the remaining tablespoon of oil over high heat.
- Add the chicken to the pan in a single layer and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until chicken is browned and cooked through.
- Lower heat to medium, add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the vegetables back to the pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil and cornstarch,
- Pour the sauce over the chicken mixture and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 1-2 minutes or until sauce has just thickened.
- Serve immediately, with steamed rice if desired.
Other Recipes You Might Like: