Air Fryer Fried Pickles are the ultimate appetizer! They are tangy, zippy and perfectly seasoned!
Nothing beats an incredible appetizer, and these air fryer pickles are one of the best. Serve them up my other air fryer wonders like chicken wings, egg rolls and of course fries, for a scrumptious array.
Air Fryer Fried Pickles
This air fryer recipe is going to rock your pickle loving world. The tasty seasoned breading combines magically with the briny zippy pickle. And air frying gives it a crispy crunch, free from all the extra fat from frying. It’s a guiltless, super easy and quick way to have an amazing appetizer in no time. The air fryer works by circulating hot air to give that golden crunch on the outside while keeping that crunchy pickle on the inside too. It’s going to be a family favorite.
This air fryer recipe takes my crispy fried pickle recipe to a whole new level. One of the best things about this fried pickle recipe is that all the mess is contained in the air fryer. I don’t have to clean up oil splatters from all over the kitchen from frying my pickles. And its hands off, meaning I can get more things done besides babysitting the fryer. It’s the best of everything. Insanely delicious, super easy and healthier than frying. You have to try these!
Ingredients for the Best Air Fried Pickles
This incredible air fryer pickle recipe takes only a few ingredients. It’s sure to be a hit at your next gathering. Simple and easy, it can’t get much better than this. Air fried to golden perfection, it’s a must try!
- Dill Pickles: Try to find uniform in size sliced pickles.
- Egg: This is the binder for the flour and seasoning.
- Flour: Helps create a nice crust.
- Water: Just a bit of extra binding to make sure it all sticks together.
- Bread Crumbs: You can use seasoned bread crumbs if you desire. Panko will also work.
- Parmesan: Use finely grated parmesan, it’ll adhere to the pickles the best.
- Italian Seasoning: This is an excellent combination of winning seasonings.
Making Air Fryer Fried Pickles
Super easy and quick, you can have air fryer fried pickles in no time. It’s perfect for when you need a good appetizer fast or you just need a good snack. Since you don’t have to use extra oil, these are actually pretty good for you. A cup of pickles is only 17 calories but it does have a lot of sodium. I say eat away.
- Dry: Lay the pickles on a paper towel and pat dry.
- Bowls: You’ll need 3 small bowls. In the first small bowl add the flour. The next, add the egg and whisk with the water. And in the third bowl add the breadcrumbs, parmesan, and Italian seasoning.
- Dipping Time: Dip each pickle in the flour, then the egg and lastly in the bread crumb mixture.
- Cook: Lay the pickles in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Cook at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
What to Serve Fried Pickles With
Air fried pickles are incredible on their own, but every now and then you’re going to want to dunk them into something amazing. Here are a few ideas.
- Fry Sauce: This amazing sauce was solely invented to go with french fries, but has quickly become a favorite dipping sauce for all sorts of things. Use it on these air fried pickles as well as on your favorite hamburgers. It is a grown up version of ketchup and it is divine.
- Yum Yum Sauce: This popular sauce is light, sweet and tangy! An excellent choice for anything fried!
- Cheese Sauce: Fried pickles will go perfectly with a rich thick cheesy sauce that’s going to knock your socks off.
- Ranch Dressing: This Air Fryer recipe was made to go with ranch dressing!
- Make it Spicy: Make a spicy sauce of mayo, and sriracha mixed to taste. It is so good!
Tips and Variations for Air Fryer Fried Pickles
- Pat them dry: You want your pickles to be as dry as possible. This will help them keep their crispy outsides as well as allow the incredible coating to stick.
- Know Your Air Fryer: Every air fryer is a little different, so it’s important to know how yours cooks. If you’re still getting familiar with how your air fryer bakes, check your pickles often to make sure they don’t burn or if you need to add time.
- Don’t over crowd: Make sure your pickles don’t overlap. If they do they’ll be soggy in those spots. You want the air fryer to be able to circulate all around the air fryer pickles. Cook them in batches if you need to.
- Use Spears: You can totally use dill pickle spears with this air fryer recipe. You will just need to add on a few more minutes to the cook time.
- Tongs: I like to use tongs to dip the pickles to keep my fingers clean.
- Same Size: Whether you use dill pickle chips or spears try to keep them the same size in the basket. The fried pickles will be able to cook evenly that way.
Storing Air Fried Pickles
Air fryer fried pickles are best eaten immediately from the air fryer. They will go soggy when stored. That being said leftovers are always a wonderful thing.
- Store: Keep air fryer pickles in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Reheat: To get the maximum crispiness out of your leftover air fried pickles, cook them in the air fryer at 400 for 2-3 minutes. You can also reheat them in the oven, but it will take longer.
More Fried Appetizer Goodness
Everyone loves fried food now and then. And when you’re going to have something fried, it better be worth the work and the calories. These “fried” appetizers are tried and true winners. Try them the next time you need a fried food fix.
- Crispy Parmesan Fried Zucchini
- Classic Fried Green Tomatoes
- Incredible Crispy Onion Rings (Fried or Baked)
- The Best Crispy Garlic Avocado Fries
- Crispy Air Fryer “Fried” Chicken
Air Fryer Fried Pickles
- 2 cups dill pickle slices
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Lay the pickles on a paper towel and pat dry. In the first small bowl add the flour. In the second small bowl add the egg and whisk with the water. In the last bowl add the bread crumbs, parmesan, and italian seasoning.
- Dip each pickle in the flour, then the egg and lastly in the bread crumb mixture.
- Lay the pickles in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Cook at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Haven’t tried these yet, but it looks delish. Could you not also skewer them standing on their edge? This would allow more to be air fried at the same time.
What brand of air fryer do you recomend?
I like the “Beautiful” air fryer from Walmart by Drew Barrymore. I also have one from Costco that I love as well that is the “Gourmia” brand.
These were fantastic. I changed the recipe slightly (Cajun seasoning instead of Italian) but these were great. Thank you!
These were really good and I was using a store brand pickle, too. I dipped em into my homemade yum yum sauce.
These were so fun to make and a huge hit at a tailgate last weekend. Thanks for sharing!