This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
These green beans are cooked to perfection in the air fryer! They are perfectly tender with a delightful crunch and then smothered in the most delicious flavors of parmesan, lemon, and garlic!
Cooking a side dish in the air fryer is the BEST! It’s so easy and leaves you with a pretty clean kitchen afterward. Try this delicious and easy air fryer broccolini, these super yummy air fryer artichokes or even these air fryer sausage stuffed mushrooms for some more delicious sides!
Air Fryer Green Beans Recipe
If you don’t have an air fryer, then you MUST get one and try out this recipe first! I mean, I know there are so many air fryer recipes that I know you will love after this one. But there is no time like the present to get yourself an air fryer! These green beans are delicious and have the perfect texture! In fact, they are so good that even my kids will eat them. And we all know that getting that approval isn’t easy!
I love how these greens are smothered with so many good flavors that just get accentuated when you cook them in the air fryer. They are tossed with garlic, lemon, and some parmesan, and the overall flavor is to die for. They taste SO good. You will definitely want to scrape your plate totally clean after you eat these! Serve them up with some pasta and potatoes and maybe even some homemade rolls, and you will have yourself a meal that you come back to over and over again.
Ingredients to Make Easy Air Fryer Green Beans
The other great part about this recipe (aside from it tasting delicious) is that it only uses a few ingredients. Once you snag some green beans from the store (or, if you are lucky, out of your garden), then you probably already have everything else. Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Green Beans: I cut the ends off of my green beans so that they are all nice and uniform before I cook them.
- Olive Oil: This helps all of the seasonings stick to the green beans.
- Lemon Juice: Adding in some lemon juice gives these a bright and fresh flavor.
- Parmesan: I used freshly grated parmesan cheese to toss on these green beans. It adds so much to this side dish.
- Garlic Powder: You can’t go wrong combining garlic powder with vegetables!
- Salt and Pepper: Add on a sprinkle of salt and pepper to enhance all of the flavors in this green bean dish.
How to Make Green Beans in the Air Fryer
You won’t believe how easy these green beans are to make! They take only a couple of minutes of preparation, and then you let the air fryer do all of the work. Don’t forget to shake the basket halfway through so that the green beans cook evenly!
- Combine: In a bowl, add the green beans, olive oil, lemon juice, parmesan, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Stir: Stir everything together until combined.
- Cook: Add it to your air fryer basket and cook at 370 degrees for 5 minutes. Make sure that they are in a single layer, you never want to stack anything in an air fryer basket or they will stick together and not cook evenly.
- Shake and Cook: Shake the basket, then cook for another 5 minutes or until golden and tender.
Why Are My Green Beans Still Hard?
If you want your air fryer green beans to be more tender, then you can try cooking them for an additional 2-3 minutes at a time. Do this until they are as tender as you like them. Make sure that you are shaking the air fryer basket intermittently so that they are getting cooked evenly.
Do I Use Fresh or Frozen Green Beans?
For this air fryer green beans recipe, I used fresh green beans, but you can totally use frozen! You just need to thaw them first. Take them out of your freezer and run them under warm water to get them to thaw more quickly. Then, dry them off with a paper towel and let them sit, and finish air drying for a few minutes. Make sure they are completely dry and then go ahead and add on the seasonings. Cook them according to the directions on the recipe card.
How to Store Leftovers
Sometimes I have leftovers of these green beans, and that’s totally fine. They store great, and you can easily reheat them in the air fryer the next day.
- In the Fridge: If you have leftover air fryer green beans then just store them in an airtight container in your fridge. They will last about 2-3 days.
- To Reheat: Just reheat these in your air fryer! Cook them at 350 degrees for about 4-5 minutes or until they are warmed through.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Air Fryer Green Beans with Parmesan
- In a bowl, add the green beans, olive oil, lemon juice, parmesan, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Stir everything together until combined.
- Add it to your air fryer basket and cook at 370 degrees for 5 minutes
- Shake the basket, then cook for another 5 minutes or until golden and tender.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.