Hey everybody it’s Tiffany from Creme de la Crumb! Are you ready for Christmas?? Yeah me neither! I feel like I have soooo much to do before Christmas and it’s already here! That’s why easy peasy no-fuss desserts are the name of the game at my house right now and these Almond Joy Macarons fit that description perfectly.
These come together SO QUICKLY! And the flavor is outrageous. I love coconut and almond and chocolate so when they all get wrapped up in a pretty and easy to make macaron?? I’m in heaven. These take about 5 minutes prep and 10-15 minutes in the oven. You can’t beat that! Drizzle them with some chocolate and sprinkle almonds on top and you’ve got a the perfect holiday treat!
*Recipe from Life Made Simple
Almond Joy Macarons
These come together SO QUICKLY! And the flavor is outrageous. I love coconut and almond and chocolate so when they all get wrapped up in a pretty and easy to make macaron?? I’m in heaven.
- 2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- pinch salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips melted
- 2 tablespoons shaved almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease with cooking spray.
- In a bowl stir together coconut flakes, sugar, vanilla, almond extract, and salt. Add egg whites and mix well.(If you don't have almond extract you can double the vanilla but they will taste less almond-y)
- Drop tablespoon-sized mounds onto prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart. (You can also use a cookie scoop for this!) Bake 10-15 minutes until golden on the edges. Allow to cool about 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle with shaved almonds. Chill macarons for about 10 minutes. You can use kitchen scissors to trim the edges if desired. Store in airtight container.