This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Beet hummus is hands down the most beautiful hummus you will ever eat! Roasted red beets transform traditional hummus into a vibrant, creamy, and delicious beet hummus perfect for snacking and serving as a dip.
This beet hummus is healthy, nutritious, and packed with flavor. The deep red hue is so impressive that serving it at parties or gatherings is a MUST! Your guests will crowd around this hummus because of how gorgeous it is, and stay to eat it because of how delicious it is. Beets are beautiful in so many dishes like in this amazing beet salad and roasted beet, quinoa, and carrot salad! Or just enjoy these simple yet perfect roasted beets.
What Is Beet Hummus?
Beet hummus starts with the classic hummus recipe of chickpeas, tahini, garlic, and lemon. Blend in roasted beets and it becomes intensely vibrant and irresistible to your eyes and your tastebuds. The spices add depth and flavor that make this hummus the perfect complement to any veggie platter, sandwich, or charcuterie board.
Homemade hummus is so easy to make with simple ingredients. It’s light and fluffy, but rich and creamy all in one bowl. Use it as a spread, dip, or enjoy it by the spoonful. And if you’re a hummus lover, you’ll have to try traditional hummus, avocado hummus, or this chocolate hummus next!
Ingredients For The Prettiest Dip
The ingredients needed to make beet hummus are easy to find! Canned beets can be used if you can’t find beets to roast yourself. Keep these ingredients on hand so that you always have a quick appetizer to whip up for dinner or a party!
- Cooked Beets: Beets that have been cooked or roasted ahead of time make this a 5-minute hummus recipe!
- Olive Oil: Perfect for making the hummus rich and creamy with an olive taste.
- Tahini: A jar of good quality tahini is the best. It’s a rich and creamy sesame paste that has a great nutty flavor.
- Chickpeas: Canned chickpeas are also called garbanzo beans.
- Lemon: Freshly squeezed is BEST!
- Garlic Cloves: Garlic is a must! Whole peeled cloves will blend up nicely, but minced garlic works too.
- Ground Cumin: A perfect savory spice that is perfect for hummus.
- Ground Coriander: Coriander is a great complement to cumin and the flavors create great taste!
- Water: Balance the thickness and creaminess with water. Add more or less depending on your preferred consistency.
- Salt: Salt adds a savory taste.
Let’s Make Hummus
This beet hummus recipe comes together so fast in the food processor or blender. I love to use leftover roasted beets from the day before to make a batch of this hummus. Make it a quick snack, light lunch, or a fun dip to serve at your next party.
- Add Roasted Beets To Food Processor: Allow the roasted beets to cool slightly then place them into a food processor or blender.
- Add Remaining Ingredients: Add the chickpeas, tahini paste, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, water, salt, cumin, and coriander.
- Blend: Blend all of the ingredients together until desired consistency is reached. Add a little more olive oil or water to help reach a smoother texture if it seems too thick. Then give it a taste and add more salt if needed.
- Garnish: Garnish with additional olive oil and chopped fresh parsley.
- Enjoy: Serve with toasted pita bread, pita chips, crackers, or chopped vegetables.
Roasting Beets In The Oven
I always cook beets in the instant pot for this beet hummus recipe because it is so easy and fast! But if you don’t have an instant pot, it’s just as easy in the oven. Follow my directions below on how to perfectly roast beets in the oven.
- Preheat Oven: Preheat the oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Wash and Remove Stems: Wash the whole beets, dry them, and cut off the stems.
- Prepare the Pan: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drizzle With Olive Oil: Drizzle the beets with olive oil and place them in the preheated oven.
- Cook: Roast for 25-30 minutes or until very fork tender. Cooking time will depend on the size of your beets.
Storing Leftover Hummus
I love making this beet hummus the day before to allow all of the flavors to marry together before serving. It also is great to store for snacking on all week. Serve with some veggies and you have a healthy snack full of fiber and vitamins that are so good for you! Everyone is going to LOVE it!
- In the Refrigerator: It is best to store leftover beet hummus in an airtight container for 5 to 7 days in the refrigerator. Hummus will thicken as it chills, so stir in 1-2 tablespoons of cold water. It will add moisture and make it nice and creamy again.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
- Allow the roasted beets to cool slightly then place them into a food processor or blender.
- Add the chickpeas, tahini paste, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, water, salt, cumin, and coriander.
- Blend all of the ingredients together until desired consistency is reached. Add a little more olive oil or water to help reach a smoother texture if it seems too thick. Give it a taste and add more salt if needed.
- Garnish with additional olive oil and chopped fresh parsley.
- Serve with toasted pita bread, pita chips, crackers, or chopped vegetables.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.