This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Cherry Almond Cream Cheese Breakfast Braid is a sweet and savory, premium cherry filled crescent roll baked golden brown with an almond glaze drizzled over topped and garnished with almonds. This holiday breakfast will become a favorite!
Sweet and savory breakfast makes the holidays more delicious! If you love sweet breakfast recipes try this Caramel Apple French Toast Casserole, Blueberry Pie Muffin Bread with a Lemon Glaze or Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls with Lemon Cream Cheese Glaze.
Cherry Almond Cream Cheese Breakfast Braid
Sweet and savory cherry almond cream cheese breakfast braid is a show stopper!
Waking up to this baking in the oven is pure happiness.
The rich smell in your home, the warm almond glaze drizzled across and topped with a soft crunch texture is pure perfection.
Cherry fruit filling from Lucky Leaf is just what you need to stuff your breakfast braid with.
Pulling this cherry almond cream cheese breakfast braid out of the oven is heavenly.
Seeing the cherry fruit filling over flowing will make everyones mouth water.
I love the rich flavors this Lucky Leaf has to offer on their fruit fillings.
You can’t go wrong adding any flavor to this breakfast braid recipe.
Impress your family with this sweet and savory breakfast braid this holiday season.
What you need to make cherry almond cream cheese breakfast braid
Lucky Leaf Premium Cherry Fruit Filling is loaded with more fruit than regular cherry fruit filling.
Made from the finest blend of ripened fruit, picked at the peak of perfection; it’s the quick and easy way to make homemade desserts the whole family will enjoy.
Real fruit filling you can bake into a pie, make into a cobbler, or even just top ice cream.
This is a quick and easy recipe that is perfect for the holidays.
It can easily feed your family and it is so simple to make with simple ingredients.
Surprise them when they wake up with this sweet and savory cherry almond cream cheese breakfast braid this holiday season!
- Crescent dough: roll out and cut
- Cream cheese: smooth and creamy inside.
- Sugar: added sweetness
- Lucky Leaf Cherry Fruit Topping: thick and rich cherries that add all the flavor
- Egg: to make the crust a golden brown.
This glaze is a dreamy almonds glaze that just adds that extra touch!
If you are not a fan of almond flavoring, substitute it for vanilla.
- Powdered sugar: thicken up your glaze.
- Milk: turns the glaze smooth and creamy.
- Almond extract: almond flavoring.
- Silvered almonds: garnish over top.
What is so great about Lucky Leaf?
Lucky leaf is a grower-owned company who made its name by making high-quality easy-to-use dessert products.
Since 1949 they have stayed true to their mission of providing bakers with simple, delicious products to make baking a little easier.
We quickly realized the world was moving at a quicker pace and people slowed down making pies from scratch.
That’s when Lucky leaf decided to change and start producing ready-to-use fruit filling.
Now you can find Premium Cherry, Apple, Blueberry, Peach, Lemon, Red-Raspberry and many more in your grocery store.
Lucky leaf Moto is “make it easy, make it delicious, make it with Lucky Leaf” and I couldn’t agree more!
How to make cherry almond cream cheese breakfast braid
Waking up to this sweet, savory and comforting meal is just what you need to surprise your family with.
Start the day off right with this fruit filled breakfast braid this holiday season.
Lucky Leaf came to my rescue once again and out did themselves with this Premium Cherry Fruit Filling.
I can’t get enough of it! I want it in everything, over all things and even enjoy with my ice cream.
There are so many recipes I can think of with this cherry fruit filling from Lucky Leaf, it is that good!
This cherry almond cream cheese breakfast braid is simple to make and only has a few quick steps to get you there.
Simple ingredients with a melt in your mouth breakfast is just what this breakfast braid recipe has to offer.
This holiday season impress your friends and family with this delicious cherry almond cream cheese breakfast braid!
- Prepare crescent dough: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and roll out the crescent dough. Cut ends diagonally on the crescent dough.
- Layer ingredients on crescent dough: In a small bowl whisk together cream cheese and sugar. Spread evenly in the middle third of the dough. Spread cherry filling over the top. Gently fold each piece creating a braid over the top.
- Create a egg wash and bake: In a small bowl, whisk the egg. Brush the beaten egg on the top. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the top os golden brown. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Whisk glaze together: To make the glaze whisk together the powdered sugar, milk and almond extract. Drizzle over the top of the braid. Top with slivered almonds. Slice and serve.
Storing cherry almond cream cheese breakfast braid
I am not sure that you will have any left overs with this cherry almond cream cheese breakfast braid.
It seriously is too good to be true!
You will love the flavors of the sweet cherry fruit filling, savory cream cheese and crescent roll all wrapped together for an unbelievable breakfast everyone will be raving about.
It is best to enjoy this right out of the oven and onto your plate.
No need to add anything else to it, it is that dang good!
- Can you make this cherry almond cream cheese breakfast braid ahead of time? Yes, this is a great breakfast to make ahead of time if needed. I strongly recommend making this the day of and if needed to reheat that will be fine. I recommend enjoying this breakfast braid when it is baked and then serve right away.
- Can you freeze cherry almond cream cheese breakfast braid? Yes, again though, this is best fresh and straight out of the oven. Simply bake your cherry almond cream cheese breakfast braid then let cool. Do not add the glaze. Place your breakfast braid whole or cut in half in a ziplock bag with the air released. Lay flat in the freezer for up to 1 month. When ready to reheat place back on a baking sheet and bake from frozen at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes or until warmed through. Make your glaze and drizzle over and across and garnish with almonds.
- How do you store cherry almond cream cheese breakfast braid? After you have baked your breakfast braid, let it cool completely. Add the breakfast braid to an airtight container and place in the refrigerator up to 5 days. Reheat in the oven for best results or microwave heating it 1 minute at a time.
Love Lucky Leaf recipes?!
- Amazing Strawberry Peanut Butter Pie
- No Bake Creamy Blueberry Pecan Squares
- Apple Churro Cheesecake Bars
- Peaches and Cream Pie Bars
- Cherry Cheesecake Brownies
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Cherry Almond Cream Cheese Breakfast Braid
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and roll out the crescent dough.
- In a small bowl whisk together cream cheese and sugar. Spread evenly in the middle third of the dough. Spread cherry filling over the top. One the outer two thirds, cut diagonal lines down each side. Gently fold each piece creating a braid over the top.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg. Brush the beaten egg on the top. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the top os golden brown. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
- To make the glaze whisk together the powdered sugar, milk and almond extract. Drizzle over the top of the braid. Top with slivered almonds. Slice and serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.