This bruschetta is easy to make with fresh, ripe Roma tomatoes, shredded mozzarella cheese and drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette over top of a French baguette. Bruschetta comes together quickly and easily!
Easiest Bruschetta Recipe
It is that simple. Create a tomato mixture with only the freshest ingredients to serve to your family and friends. This bruschetta is one of my favorites during the warmer months. It is light and filling at the same time. Every bite is zesty and flavorful! Add a drizzle of balsamic glaze over top and you have one amazing appetizer!
The warm crispy, crunchy bread melts in the shredded mozzarella overtop the tomato mixture. Together this makes the perfect combination! Use up all your fresh tomato with this tried and true favorite. This appetizer is perfect for the warmer season and great to host as an appetizer, party snack or a light lunch. It is so light and tasty everyone will be wanting more!
What is Bruschetta?
Bruschetta is originally from Italy and is a variation of tomatoes, vegetables, beans, cured meat and cheese. It is mixed together then rubbed the bread with garlic and brushed over top of the bread.
Simple ingredients making a sweet and savory appetizer.
- Baguette: Slice the bread into thin even slices.
- Olive Oil: Brush the oil over top of each slice of bread.
- Roma Tomatoes: Freshly diced ripe tomatoes.
- Mozzarella Cheese: Shredded cheese lays smoothly overtop of the tomato mixture and softens with the warm bread.
- Balsamic Vinaigrette: This is a very dark concentrate that is rich in flavor.
- Olive Oil: Adds a rich flavor to the tomato mixture
- Garlic Cloves: It is best fresh and minced.
- Basil: Fresh basil thrown in for color and flavor
- Salt and Pepper: To taste!
- Balsamic Glaze: Drizzle overtop of the tomato mixture for a garnish and glaze.
How to Create the Perfect Bruschetta:
- Prepare Bread: Slice a baguette and line it on a baking sheet. Brush the top with olive oil and broil it 2-3 minutes until brown. Remove from the oven.
- Mix Together: In a medium sized bowl combine the tomatoes, mozzarella, balsamic, olive oil, garlic, basil and salt and pepper.
- Top the Bread: Add the mixture and drizzle with balsamic glaze over top of the bread.
Tips For Making Bruschetta Recipe:
- Fresh: It is best to try using the freshest ingredients for the tomato mixture. Since fresh produce doesn’t last long, purchase a day or so before to plan on making this appetizer.
- Toasting Bread: Move your oven rack a few inches below the top of the oven. Broil for a few minutes.
- Cheese: Store bought pre-shredded cheese has an extra coat of flour overtop which is hard to blend together. I like to purchase a block cheese and shred myself.
- Add In: Add in another ingredient to increase flavor, texture and even color. Nuts or sunflower seeds are a great additive.
What Kind of Bread Should I Serve With Classic Bruschetta?
There are several breads that are best for bruschetta. A classic one is always the baguette. It is crunchy outside with a soft and sweet inside. French loaf, sliced or toasted bread is perfect for toasting. Even crackers or chips taste delicious with this classic and traditional bruschetta.
How Long Does Fresh Bruschetta Keep?
- Making Ahead: It is best to serve this right away but knowing to have it ready ahead of time will also work. Bruschetta can keep in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days long. Simply stir it up when ready to top onto the toasted bread.
- Leftovers: If you have any leftover bruschetta some ideas of using it without throwing away is adding it to the top of baked or grilled chicken.
More Appetizer Recipes:
Easiest Bruschetta Recipe
- 1 Baguette
- Olive Oil
- 5 Roma Tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 1 tbs Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1/4 cup Basil ribboned
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Balsamic Glaze
- Slice a baguette and line it on a baking sheet. Brush the top with olive oil and broil it 2-3 minutes until brown. Remove from the oven.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the tomatoes, mozzarella, balsamic, olive oil, garlic, basil and salt and pepper. Top the bread with the mixture and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.