This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
This deconstructed burger bowl is so hearty and satisfying, you’ll love every bite! It features crispy fries, tender beef, pickles, and other fresh veggies all coated in homemade Big Mac sauce!
Burger Bowl Recipe
Skip the bun and try making this tasty burger bowl instead! It’s so delicious and keto-friendly as well! Just like a regular burger, it’s super customizable and you can add all of your favorite toppings straight to the bowl.
I went for tomatoes, red onion, pickles and lettuce along with some shredded cheddar cheese, fries, and bacon! They all complemented the juicy flavorful beef perfectly. To top everything off I added a generous drizzle of homemade Big Mac sauce. The result is absolutely to die for!
Seasoned Ground Beef and Toppings
Grab all the fixings for a mouthwatering burger bowl! Start with juicy ground beef, seasoned to perfection with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Then, pile on the goodies: fresh lettuce for crunch, sweet grape tomatoes, tangy dill pickles, mild red onions, and creamy cheddar cheese. Don’t forget the smoky bacon and crispy French fries!
- Seasoned Ground Beef: Juicy ground beef, seasoned with tasty garlic and onion powders, plus a sprinkle of salt and pepper to make it extra delicious. Check out the exact measurements you’ll need in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Lettuce: Fresh lettuce for a crisp and refreshing addition, perfect alongside the warm ingredients.
- Grape or Cherry Tomatoes: Sweet grape tomatoes, bursting with flavor and adding a pop of color to the mix.
- Pickles: Tangy dill pickles that bring some zest and crunch to the mix.
- Red Onions: Sliced red onions, adding a mild sharpness for extra flavor.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese: For that classic cheesy goodness.
- Cooked Bacon: Smoky chopped bacon to take the burger bowl up a notch and also complement the savory beef.
- Fries: Crispy French fries, an iconic burger companion! I went for regular french fries, but crinkle cut fries, waffle fries, or sweet potato fries can also be used!
- Big Mac Sauce: Top it all off with some Big Mac sauce! You can also use your favorite dressing. Cane’s sauce or Chick-fil-A sauce are other great options!
- Sesame Seeds: Oh, and don’t forget those sprinkled sesame seeds for a nutty flavor and classic burger presentation!
How to Make a Burger Bowl
Burger bowls are a quick and easy dinner that the whole family will love! Just cook up your ground beef and then let everyone pick out all of their favorite toppings!
- Brown Beef: In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, crumble and cook the meat for about 5-7 minutes. Cook until no longer pink.
- Add Seasonings: Add the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper, then stir to season the beef. Then set aside while you prepare the bowl ingredients.
- Start With Lettuce: To assemble the bowls, place 1 cup of lettuce into each bowl. Make sure the bowls you use are large enough so they fit all of the ingredients.
- Add the Other Toppings: Divide the rest of the ingredients evenly between the bowls. I like to layer the ingredients in the bowl starting with the meat. Then layer in the French fries, cheese, tomatoes, pickles, onions, and bacon.
- Top With Sauce: Drizzle on the sauce or dressing of your choice.
- Garnish: Sprinkle with sesame seeds and enjoy!
Homemade Big Mac Sauce
Homemade Big Mac sauce is the key to making your burger bowl as delicious as possible! Whisk together 1/2 cup of mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons of sweet pickle relish, 1 teaspoon of white vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon paprika, and 1/8 teaspoon of turmeric. You can also add a pinch of sugar if you want a sweeter sauce. Check out my full recipe here!
Storing Leftovers / Making Ahead
Once all of the ingredients are combined in your burger bowl, I recommend enjoying it immediately. Leftovers can be kept in an airtight container for a day or two, but the textures might not be as good as when it was freshly made.
- To Reheat: If possible, separate the ingredients of the burger bowl. This will help to ensure each component is heated evenly and maintains its best texture. Cook the ground beef and fries in a skillet over medium heat until warmed through.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups lettuce
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, crumble and cook the meat for about 5-7 minutes. Cook until no longer pink.
- Add the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper, then stir to season the beef. Set aside while you prepare the bowl ingredients.
- To assemble the bowls, place 1 cup of lettuce into each bowl. Make sure the bowls you use are large enough to fit all of the ingredients.
- Divide the rest of the ingredients evenly between the bowls. I like to layer the ingredients in the bowl starting with the meat. Then layer in the French fries, cheese, tomatoes, pickles, onions, and bacon.
- Drizzle on the sauce or dressing of your choice.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.