Crispy on the outside with a creamy, strawberry filling on the inside, these cheesecake egg rolls are the BEST. Your guests will eat one and won’t be able to stop!
Cheesecake is my Achilles heel when it comes to dessert! I cannot resist it. I love anything and everything cheesecake flavored! Try out these cheesecake cookies, this salad or even these stuffed strawberries. They will help you get your fix of cheesecake!
Cheesecake Egg Rolls
I have never met a cheesecake that I didn’t like! The flavor, the creamy texture, and all of the toppings that you can add to the top just speak to my soul! I can’t get enough of it so that’s why I had to make these cheesecake egg rolls. They are absolutely DIVINE. Your entire family is going to go crazy over these so make sure to double the batch! Even then, you may need to make some more so that you have leftovers…
These cheesecake egg rolls are fun, hand-held desserts that are filled with delicious texture and flavor. And egg roll wrapper is wrapped around some sweet and creamy filling and strawberries. Once you cook the egg roll then you sprinkle it with some powdered sugar, garnish it with some strawberries and you have yourself an elegant, not to mention insanely delicious, dessert!
Ingredients to Make These at Home
Once you have your pre-made egg roll wrappers in hand, you probably have everything else that you need in your kitchen to make these cheesecake egg rolls! So get baking, these are worth every second (and calorie)! See the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Cream Cheese: Take this out of your fridge and soften it to room temperature before you mix it with the other ingredients.
- Granulated Sugar: This will add a sweet taste to the cream cheese.
- Vanilla Extract: This will enhance the sweet flavors.
- Pre-Made Egg Roll Wrappers: You can find these in the international section of your local grocery store.
- Strawberries: You can chop these up into small pieces and put them into your filling.
- Chocolate Chips: These are optional but you can use them in the filling with the strawberries or on their own!
- Powdered Sugar: The powdered sugar will be used to dust the top of the egg rolls.
- Oil: You will fry the egg rolls in oil to give them that crispy, outside edge.
How to Make Cheesecake Egg Rolls
These egg rolls are so simple and easy that they will become your new go-to dessert recipe! You can change them up, mix things in and top them with all sorts of delicious ingredients!
- Heat Oil: Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan over medium high heat until it reaches 350°-375°. Meanwhile prepare the egg rolls.
- Mix Filling: In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth. It should be pretty thick.
- Add Filling to Wrappers: Scoop 2 tablespoons of filling into the center of the egg roll wrappers. If desired, add a few chocolate chips or chopped strawberries on top.
- Press Edges to Close: Wet the edges of the egg roll wrapper, fold in the sides and the roll, pressing the edges to close. Repeat with the remaining filling and wrappers.
- Fry: Once the oil has finished heating, fry the egg rolls in batches of 2-3 at a time. Fry for 1-2 minutes per side, until they are nice and golden brown. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Add Powdered Sugar: Dust with powdered sugar and serve with fresh strawberries.
Mix-Ins and Toppings
A great thing about these delicious cheesecake egg rolls is how versatile they are! Once you have made that creamy and delicious filling, you can add all sorts of mix-ins and toppings to make them fit any occasion! Here are a few ideas to try.
- Sauce: Try drizzling the top of these with a sauce once they are cooked. Some of my favorits are caramel sauce, chocolate sauce or salted caramel sauce
- Mix-ins: You can add just about anything to the cheesecake filling! Try out some sprinkles, mini m&m’s, raspberries, cherries or toffee. The list is endless so pick your favorite flavors and add them in!
How to Store and Reheat Leftover Egg Rolls
These cheesecake egg rolls can be stored in an airtight container in your fridge. They will last for about 3 days. When you are ready to reheat them, brush them with some vegetable oil and place them in your air fryer. Cook them for about 5-7 minutes at 390 degrees. Make sure to flip them halfway through! Add your toppings and enjoy!
Cheesecake Egg Rolls
- 1 (8 ounces package) Cream Cheese (softened)
- ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 (16 ounce package) Pre-Made Egg Roll Wrappers
- Fresh Strawberries (chopped)
- Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Powdered Sugar for dusting
- 2 Quarts Oil (for frying)
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pan over medium-high heat until it reaches 350°-375°. Meanwhile, prepare the egg rolls.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth. It should be pretty thick.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of filling into the center of the egg roll wrappers. If desired, add a few chocolate chips or chopped strawberries on top.
- Wet the edges of the egg roll wrapper, fold in the sides and the roll, pressing the edges to close. Repeat with the remaining filling and wrappers.
- Once the oil has finished heating, fry the egg rolls in batches of 2-3 at a time. Fry for 1-2 minutes per side, until they are nice and golden brown. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve with fresh strawberries.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.