Cranberry Cheesecake Fluff is a creamy and delicious cheesecake fluff salad with cranberries and walnuts. It is so easy to make and a MUST for the holidays!
Always a favorite side dish during the holidays! If you love fruit salads as much as I do try this Christmas Fruit Salad, The Best Winter Fruit Salad, Very Berry Cheesecake Salad or Creamy Poppyseed Fruit Salad.
Cranberry Cheesecake Fluff
Thanksgiving is just around the corner. Do you have your menu planned out yet?
Put this Cranberry Cheesecake Fluff on the menu. It is a MUST!
I decided to take a little spin to the normal cranberry fluff.
Adding some cream cheese to help thicken it up and give it the cheesecake flavor took this fluff to a whole different level. It seriously blew my mind!
You will LOVE the flavors blended together to make one AMAZING cranberry cheesecake fluff recipe!
What you need to make cranberry cheesecake fluff
The best part about this fluff is that it is so easy to make.
You pulse some fresh cranberries, walnuts, and crushed pineapple together in a food processor.
Then you blend cream cheese and heavy whipping cream together, fold in the pulsed cranberry and there you have it.
A delicious side that everyone will love in no time at all.
I chilled mine overnight to help the flavors to blend together.
- Fresh cranberries: flavorful and sweet.
- Sugar: added sweetness.
- Pineapple: crushed and canned
- Walnuts: chopped up
- Marshmallows: mini
- Cream cheese: smooth and creamy
- Heavy whipping cream: thick and rich part of the fluff.
How to make cranberry cheesecake fluff
I fell in love with this fluff with the first bite. Creamy, cool and absolutely delicious. The flavors together blend so well in this salad.
Easy to make and absolutely amazing!
This is a MUST make for your upcoming holiday party!
If you cannot find fresh cranberries at this time, thaw frozen cranberries in replace of them.
The texture may be different it will still have the same delicious flavoring!
Fresh cranberries bring out a rich flavor, gentle crunch and the texture is addicting.
- Blend ingredients together: In a food processor or blender, combine cranberries, 1 cup sugar, crushed pineapple, and walnuts. Pulse until coarsely chopped without becoming mushy.
- Let stand: Cover and refrigerate for an hour to let the flavors blend.
- Beat the creams together: In a medium bowl add the cream cheese ½ cup sugar and beat until smooth. Add the heavy whipping cream and continue to beat with the cream cheese until stiff peaks form.
- Gently add in cranberries and marshmallows: Fold the cranberries and marshmallows into the salad.
- Refrigerate: Cover and refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours or overnight.
What to serve with cranberry cheesecake fluff
Make this a complete meal with all your favorite holiday fixings!
We love my Turkey Brine Recipe and Juicy Butter Herb Turkey Recipe (Step by Step Instructions) for the holidays.
It goes perfectly with these side dishes:
- The Best Sweet Potato Casserole
- Garlic Butter String Beans
- World’s Best Green Bean Casserole
- Grandma’s Sausage Herb Stuffing
- Creamy Parmesan Garlic Brussels Sprouts Recipe
More ways to make cranberry cheesecake fluff
It is always fun to add a little more or a little less to this cranberry cheesecake fluff recipe.
It is one of my favorite side dishes that is a MUST make and have on the thanksgiving table.
Quick and easy to make and comes together in minutes.
- Fruit: substitute or add in canned mandarin oranges, frozen cranberries, cherries, blackberries, strawberries, grapes or diced apples.
- Nuts: pecans, cashews, or almond slices are a great crunch mixed in.
- Cranberry: craisins, canned cranberries, frozen cranberries or cranberry sauce can replace the cranberries for an overall
- Creamy Mix-ins: cool whip, sour cream or greek yogurt for a different texture each time you make it.
Tips for making cranberry cheesecake fluff
During the holidays everyone gathers together and enjoys this special holiday together.
With everyone together there are many requests and this salad is always at the top of the list.
Our family devours this salad first before anything else is ever touched.
Sit back and watch this easy to make cranberry cheesecake fluff come together and be the favorite side dish of the holidays!
- A food processor works best to mix and chop all the ingredients. A blender will do the same.
- If you are running out of time use sour cream instead of cream cheese.
- Looking for a lighter side, skip the heavy cream and try Greek yogurt or vanilla yogurt instead.
- Fresh or canned pineapple works great.
- Before serving add cranberries and pecans over top of the cranberry cheesecake fluff.
- It is fun for the holidays to serve these in mini trifle jars or small bowls to make it extra special.
Storing cranberry cheesecake fluff
Cranberry cheesecake fluff is best served chilled and right away.
Once you blend and combine all the ingredients together, let it rest in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
Serve it immediately once you place it on the table.
This is one tried and true favorite side dish that is loved by everyone!
- How to store cranberry cheesecake fluff: Place in an airtight container or wrap with plastic wrap tightly. It will stay in the refrigerator for 24 to 48 hours.
- Can you make cranberry cheesecake fluff ahead of time? Yes! Simply follow the instructions and leave out the cranberries until ready to serve. Place in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 days before serving. When ready to serve, simply add it to your thanksgiving table.
- Can I freeze cranberry cheesecake fluff? No, unfortunately this is not a great side dish to freeze. Ice crystals sometimes form in the whipped cream and tend to break it down.
More holiday side dishes
- Cranberry Pecan Brie Bites (4 Ingredients!)
- The Easiest Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- Raspberry Baked Brie
- Cranberry Pecan Sweet Potato Wild Rice Pilaf
- Cranberry Pecan Cheese Ball
Cranberry Cheesecake Fluff
- 12 ounce package fresh cranberries
- 1 1/2 cup sugar divided
- 8 ounce can crushed pineapple undrained
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a food processor or blender, combine cranberries, 1 cup sugar, crushed pineapple, and walnuts. Pulse until coarsely chopped without becoming mushy. Cover and refrigerate for an hour to let the flavors blend.
- In a medium bowl add the cream cheese ½ cup sugar and beat until smooth. Add the heavy whipping cream and continue to beat with the cream cheese until stiff peaks form. Fold the cranberries and marshmallows into the salad. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours or overnight.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
I make this every Thanksgiving and Christmas. It is so good😋
What type of dish should this be served in to look festive for Thanksgiving? Does it cut or do you scoop it out with a spoon?
You will scoop it up for everyone. This is great in a bowl! Sounds like you have one amazing Thanksgiving!
Can you leave out the walnuts? I don’t think they would have a big flavor would they
Yes, that is not a problem. You can even substitute them for pecans or almonds if you prefer.
My cheesecake recipes call for buttermilk instead of whipping cream for that “tang”. Would this work and give it more of a real cheesecake taste?
Buttermilk would not do as well but I understand what you are going for. I would not recommend it since it won’t be as thick and fluffy.
Can you use can cranberry. I never can find cranberry other than during the holidays.
Hmm, that may work. Let me know how you like it! Thanks so much!
Thank you for your delicious Cranberry Cheesecake Fluff recipe! My mother-in-law made it, and we just had to try it out for ourselves 🙂
Looking forward to rave reviews from my family tomorrow! Ty for posting this! Just got done making it! And I read through the reviews so I already knew about the marshmellows, I cannot believe how many had to ask about it lol.
Just wondering if you can use other strawberries or other type of berry
For this recipe
Yes, that sounds like a great idea! Let me know how it turns out! XOXO
Can you use dried cranberries in this recipe.
The fresh cranberries add a better taste and will turn out better than the dried cranberries. Hope that helps! XOXO
This reminds me of my grandma’s cranberry dessert that was a holiday staple.
Oh that is so sweet! I am so glad that I can bring that memory back to you! Enjoy the holidays! XOXO
Your recipe for Cranberry Cheesecake Fluff — can the cranberries be substituted for strawberries for a summer picnic?
Yes! That sounds great! I am excited to hear how it turns out for you!! XOXO
Has anyone used this recipe for a dessert? If so, how was it?