This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Creamy and flavorful, these cream cheese enchiladas are easy to make and always a crowd favorite! They are packed with chicken, three types of cheese, plenty of seasoning and green enchilada sauce for a meal that everyone will enjoy!
Enchiladas are a go-to dinner in my household! We all love them, and there are so many ways to change up the flavors and ingredients. Some of our favorites are these 30-minute white chicken enchiladas, healthy skinny chicken enchiladas, or flavorful pork enchiladas.
Cream Cheese Enchiladas
Out of all of our enchilada recipes, these cream cheese enchiladas have become the most requested! This meal is so incredibly delicious with the creamy and flavorful filling made with cream cheese, shredded cheese, green chilies, chicken, and flavorings and plenty of cheese on top. Picky eater approved!
They come together so easily too. You’ll need a little time to prep and bake this, dish but it’s so worth it in the end. If you’re looking for comforting Mexican food, this is your recipe. These check all the boxes for being absolutely incredible in every possible way. You have to give these cream cheese enchiladas a try ASAP!
This recipe is Picky Eater Approved!
To make the best enchiladas, you need plenty of cheese, seasonings and enchilada sauce, of course! We’re also adding chicken to make them extra hearty. You’re going to love these!
- Cream Cheese: A unique ingredient for enchiladas, but after one bite you’ll be kicking yourself for not trying it sooner!
- Green Chiles: You can buy these cans in mild, medium, or hot. Make sure to pick what level of heat you prefer!
- Shredded Cheese: This recipe uses both Mexican blend shredded cheese and colby jack shredded cheese for major cheesiness and lots of great flavor!
- Seasonings: A simple mix of salt, pepper, garlic powder and cumin for the most delicious flavor.
- Lime Juice: Use fresh lime juice for bright, fresh flavor.
- Chicken: Any shredded cooked chicken works. You can use leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken.
- Green Enchilada Sauce: We like green enchilada sauce best with these enchiladas, however you can use red enchilada sauce, if preferred.
- Tortillas: I like to use my homemade flour tortillas, but store-bought work great too!
How to Make Cream Cheese Enchiladas
This cream cheese enchilada recipe comes together in just 20 minutes prep time and is super easy! Just get ready because they’re so delicious, they won’t last long!
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit, prepare a 9X13 inch baking dish by spraying it with baking spray.
- Make the Filling: In a medium bowl mix together the cream cheese, green chiles, ½ cup Mexican blend cheese, ½ cup colby jack cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin, and lime juice. Add in the shredded chicken and mix well.
- Add Sauce to Pan: Pour some enchilada sauce into the bottom of the baking dish, just enough to cover the bottom of the pan generously.
- Add Filling to Tortillas: Take the tortillas one at a time and fill with about 3-4 tablespoons of the chicken mixture, roll each filled tortilla up and place them seam side down in the pan.
- Cover with Sauce: Smother the filled enchiladas with the remaining sauce and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake: Place in oven and bake the enchiladas uncovered for 30-40 minutes, until the cheese on top starts to brown and bubble.
- Serve: Remove the enchiladas from the oven, allow them to sit at room temperature for a few minutes before serving.
These cream cheese chicken enchiladas are great leftover, as long as you store and reheat them properly. Here are some tips:
- In the Refrigerator: Once your enchiladas have cooled then cover them tightly with plastic wrap or place them in an airtight container and put them in your fridge. The leftovers will keep for up to 3 days.
- Reheat Enchiladas: To avoid enchiladas that are soggy, reheat them in the oven at 350 degrees for 20–25 minutes, or until they’re warmed through. If preferred, you can also pop them in the microwave for a little over minute.
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Cream Cheese Enchiladas
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 ounce can green chiles, fire roasted
- 1 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups green enchilada sauce
- 12 flour tortillas, 6 inch
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit, prepare a 9X13 inch baking dish by spraying it with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl mix together the cream cheese, green chiles, ½ cup mexican blend cheese, ½ cup colby jack cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin, and lime juice. Add in the shredded chicken and mix well.
- Pour some enchilada sauce into the bottom of the baking dish, just enough to cover the bottom of the pan generously.
- Take the tortillas one at a time and fill with about 3-4 tablespoons of filling, roll each filled tortilla up and place them seam side down in the pan.
- Smother the filled enchiladas with the remaining sauce and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake the enchiladas uncovered for 30-40 minutes, until the cheese on top starts to brown and bubble.
- Remove the enchiladas from the oven, allow them to sit at room temperature for a few minutes before serving.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.