Helloooooo! It’s Tiffany from Creme de la Crumb and I’ve got a great go-to fall time pumpkin recipe for you today. I love pumpkin muffins, I do, but I love them even more when they’re filled with a sweet and tangy cream cheese filling. It’s like eating ice cream covered in hot fudge, it just takes it to the next level of wonderful you know? If you like pumpkin treats, you’ve gotta make these muffins, you’re gonna love them!
Watch a video of how the muffins are made here:
Recipe adapted from Annie’s Eats
Check out some of my other pumpkin recipes!
Cream Cheese Pumpkin Muffins
If you like pumpkin treats, you’ve gotta make these muffins, you’re gonna love them!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1¼ cups vegetable oil
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Prepare the filling by combining the cream cheese and powdered sugar in a medium bowl and mixing well until blended and smooth.Transfer filling to a piping bag fitted with a piping tip. (just a regular round piping tip will do fine)
- Prepare the muffin batter. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, pumpkin pie spice, salt and baking soda; whisk to blend. In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the eggs, sugar, pumpkin puree and oil. Mix on medium-low speed until blended. With the mixer on low speed, add in the dry ingredients, mixing just until incorporated.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full with muffin batter. Next add the filling. Poke the piping tip into the middle of each muffin batter-filled tin. Squeeze out about 1-2 tablespoons of filling into the batter. (Just guess, it doesn't need to be exactly 2 tablespoons, just enough to fill the center of the muffin)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out mostly clean. Allow to cool on a wire rack. Store in airtight container at room temperature.