Creamy Lemon Parmesan Scallops are fresh scallops that are lightly seasoned, then seared in a creamy, light lemon and parmesan sauce that coats each of the scallops made all in one pan. These scallops are insanely good!
Scallops are an elegant dish that adds so much AMAZING flavor to a dinner. If you love scallops try this Pan Seared Scallops with Lemon Caper Sauce, Grilled Lemon Garlic Scallops, Garlic Butter Herb Scallops or Honey Garlic Butter Scallops.
Creamy Lemon Parmesan Scallops
These scallops are INSANELY DELICIOUS!
So simple to make with loads of flavor.
Scallops are an elegant dish that is simple to make and adds just the right amount of flavor to a meal.
This creamy lemon parmesan sauce is thick, light, creamy and AMAZING!
Together this combination takes these scallops to the next level.
With simple ingredients, these scallops make a huge impression on family and friends at your next dinner party.
What you need to make Creamy Lemon Parmesan Scallops:
Easy ingredient to have on hand and comes together within minutes.
Sear your scallops first and see how quickly they turn to a golden brown on the outside.
Make your creamy lemon parmesan sauce and get ready to be WOW-ed!
It is an elegant sauce that is rich in flavor but a citrusy light combination.
The perfect combination for fresh scallops!
- Olive Oil: perfect for searing the scallops.
- Scallops: fresh scallops are best.
- Salt and Pepper: to taste and sprinkled on before searing.
- Heavy Creamy: thickens the sauce with a rich creamy flavor.
- Chicken Broth: adds flavor to the sauce.
- Lemon: a tangy and citrus flavor juice from half of a lemon.
- Parmesan Cheese: shredded and added for a cheesy sauce.
- Cornstarch: a thickener for the sauce.
- Water: keeps the sauce smooth.
How to make Creamy Lemon Parmesan Scallops:
- Sear the scallops: In a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat, add the oil and let heat until it starts to smoke. Salt and pepper the capers and add to the skillet. Sear scallops for 3- 3 1/2 minutes on each side until they are golden brown on each side. Remove from the pan and set aside on a plate.
- Making the cream sauce: Add the heavy cream, chicken broth, lemon and parmesan cheese. In a small bowl whisk the cornstarch and water and whisk into the sauce. Bring to a simmer and let thicken.
- Simmer scallops in sauce: Add the scallops back to the sauce and let simmer for another minute. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and fresh herbs.
What to Pair with Scallops:
We love simple mashed potatoes or rice as well that makes this a quick dinner meal during the week.
Here are more choices to make this a complete meal:
- Garlic Mushroom Noodles
- Creamy Parmesan Spaghetti
- Browned Butter and Mizithra Cheese Spaghetti
Tips for making Creamy Lemon Parmesan Scallops:
- Brining Scallops: For an extra tender scallop, try brining your scallops in salt water for about 10 to 15 minutes. When ready to sear them, pat dry with a paper towel before adding them to the pan.
- Golden Scallops: Make sure your scallops are completely dry before searing them. This will ensure that the scallops will turn that golden brown rather than steam with the extra moisture.
- Scallops: There are two variations of scallops: wet or dry scallops. Wet scallops are a pure white color and have been soaking in a salt water chemical bath which helps extend the life of a scallop but also is not as fresh compared to a dry scallop. Dry scallops are more pink in color and come packaged over ice and have a fresh taste to them and even have a sea odor to them.
- Wet Scallops: If you are using wet scallops, simply add in a tablespoon of lemon juice while brining. This will help remove the chemical flavoring from the scallops.
- Frozen Scallops: It is best to defrost them in the refrigerator over night. If you need them defrosted sooner, simply place them in a ziplock bag and run cold water over them until they are thawed.
- Cooking Scallops: Scallops cook quickly within minutes and turn a golden brown on the outside. The outside will be firm but the inside is a tender texture.
More AMAZING Seafood Recipes:
- Easiest Crab Cakes
- Cajun Popcorn Shrimp
- Walnut Crusted Maple Salmon
- Crazy Good Honey Lime Shrimp
- Honey Garlic Dijon Broiled Salmon (15 Minutes!)
Creamy Lemon Parmesan Scallops
Creamy Lemon Parmesan Scallops are insanely good! These fresh scallops are lightly seasoned, then seared in a creamy, light lemon and parmesan sauce that coats each of the scallops made all in one pan.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound scallops
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon water
- In a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat, add the oil and let heat until it starts to smoke. Salt and pepper the capers and add to the skillet. Sear scallops for 3- 3 1/2 minutes on each side until they are golden brown on each side. Remove from the pan and set aside on a plate.
- Add the heavy cream, chicken broth, lemon and parmesan cheese. In a small bowl whisk the cornstarch and water and whisk into the sauce. Bring to a simmer and let thicken.
- Add the scallops back to the sauce and let simmer for another minute. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and fresh herbs.