Crockpot chili is the ultimate comfort food! This chili is SO easy and insanely good that everyone will come back for seconds!
Homemade Crockpot Chili
Chili is such a classic meal during the cold, winter months. It’s the ultimate comfort food that is a go-to recipe ALL the time in my family! Plus, when you make it in a slow cooker it makes it so easy! Not only does this recipe have classic ingredients like meat and beans but it really goes to the next level of flavor with veggies and spices! It is making my mouth water just thinking about it!
I love chili for dinner because it’s so hearty and filling. In fact, on the days when I am on the go, I don’t even make and sides with this! It has everything that I need in the recipe including meat and vegetables. This is also a go-to recipe for me for a party! Because it’s in a slow cooker, it makes it easy to transport and serve anywhere else. Plus, it’s perfect for a chili cook-off! It will win every time. Try it with these Nachos or put it on top of this Rice for a little added extra flavor and texture!
Ingredients You Need for Crockpot Chili
You probably already have all of the ingredients on hand! Which makes it super easy to whip this up for dinner anytime. See the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Ground beef: I like to use lean ground beef or even ground turkey for this recipe.
- Olive oil: Just a little bit is fine to cook up the vegetables in.
- Onion: An onion that is small and diced will work great for this.
- Green bell pepper: Dice this up to all of the same size so that the pieces cook evenly.
- Garlic cloves: If you dont have fresh cloves then you can use minced garlic. ½ tsp equals about one clove of garlic!
- Beef broth: This is the base of the chili and is better than water because it adds a lot of flavor to the chili.
- Tomato sauce: Make sure that you are getting tomato sauce and not tomato paste.
- Diced tomatoes: These can come in flavored juices so make sure that you get the ones that are just in plain tomatoes sauce.
- Pinto beans: I love the flavor of pinto beans!
- Kidney beans: Dark or light kidney beans will work. Just use whatever you have on hand.
- Chili powder, Oregano, Cumin, Coriander and Cayenne: These spices mixed together make such a delicious blend! Not too much heat but a lot of flavor!
Let’s Make Some Chili!
This slow cooker chili recipe only takes about 5 minutes to put together! Then you let the slow cooker do all of the work. It’s so easy and delicious, there should be no question about it you try it or not!
- Add ingredients to slow cooker: In a medium sized skillet over medium high heat cook and crumble the beef for about 7 minutes or until brown. Add the beef, onion, bell pepper, garlic, beef broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, pinto beans, kidney beans, chili powder, oregano, cumin, coriander, salt and cayenne to the slow cooker. Stir everything until combined. Cook on low for 5-6 hours. Serve warm with desired toppings.
Toppings You Can Use
I’ve come up with a list of a bunch of delicious things that you can add to your crockpot chili! Try a couple or try them all. You really can’t go wrong with too many toppings!
- Fresh lime juice
- Sour cream
- Shredded lettuce
- Shredded cheese
- Green onions
- Frito chips
- Tortilla strips
How to Store Leftovers
If you have leftovers of this crockpot chili then you are in luck! This tastes just as good, if not better, the next day. Once it has cooled, place it in an airtight container and put it in your fridge. It can last 3-4 days. Just reheat it in the microwave when you are ready to eat it again!
Insanely Good Crockpot Chili
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 (15-ounce can) pinto beans
- 1 (15-ounce can) kidney beans
- 3 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- In a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat cook and crumble the beef for about 7 minutes or until brown.
- Add the beef, onion, bell pepper, garlic, beef broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, pinto beans, kidney beans, chili powder, oregano, cumin, coriander, salt, and cayenne to the crockpot.
- Stir everything until combined. Cook on low for 5-6 hours. Serve warm with desired toppings.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.