School is now in session and I love creating easy and delicious meals! It gets pretty hectic after the boys get home from school. And I can’t believe how much homework they get now. My fourth grader spends about an hour an a half, and my kindergartener even gets some too! These navajo tacos were simple to put together and the entire family loved them!
I loved using Pillsbury biscuits as the fry bread for these navajo tacos. They turned out perfectly, and were so simple to make. The best part about these navajo tacos is that each family member can add their favorite toppings. My little nine year old had two and begged me to make them every week. I am ok with that because these were easy and delicious! This is a recipe that will become a family favorite and you will make it again and again!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- ¼ cup water
- 1 15 oz can chili with beans
- 1 can Pillsbury Grand Original Biscuits (8 Biscuits)
- oil for frying (I used vegetable oil)
- Topping options:
- sour cream
- shredded lettuce
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Flatten each biscuit. Fry each biscuit in ¼-in. hot oil over medium heat until golden brown, turning once. Drain biscuits on paper towels, keep warm.
- In a medium skillet, brown ground beef until no longer pink. Add ¼ cup water, taco seasoning mix, and can of chili beans. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low and allow to simmer.
- Once ready to assemble, lay fried biscuit on a plate and put ½ cup of meat mixture on top. Top with your favorite toppings.