You forget what it is like to have a newborn. How many diapers you go through and how much they eat are just a few examples. Oh and how you have no time for anything and are lucky to get ready for the day. I haven’t even had a whole lot of time for the blog. But it is amazing how these little babes are so worth it all. And I have been enjoying spending so much time with her and cherish every moment.
I was able to get a couple of recipes done before we left to North Carolina. This was one of them. And oh my heavens. They were incredible. I am not even going to admit to how many of these little devils I ate, but they only lasted a few hours in my house. All of the goodness of a s’more was packed into these little cookies. Graham cracker, marshmallows and of course melty gooey chocolate. My first bite into these cookies and the chocolate was so gooey and melty. Reminded me of a delicious s’more without the campfire. You are sure to love these gooey s’more cookies just as much as our family did!
Gooey S'mores Cookies
You are sure to love these gooey s’more cookies just as much as our family did!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips I used large chocolate chips
- 1 cup Jet Puffed Mallow Bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, and sugar until it is light and fluffy 2-3 minutes. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- In a food processor, or using a gallon sized bag and rolling pin, crush up your graham crackers until they are fine crumbs. In a separate bowl, add the graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder, and salt and whisk together. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix on low until it is combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and marshmallow bits. Scoop a heaping tablespoon of dough onto the cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.