This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
A gooey s’mores cookie is a scrumptious mash up of small bits of s’mores pieces in a cookie that you are going to love! The melty chocolate, sticky marshmallow and graham cracker flavor combination you love, transformed into a delectable easy to eat cookie.
Gooey S’mores Cookies
Summer doesn’t have to end when you have these cookies around. Bring the best of campfires indoors with this simple, yet not as messy twist on a classic. Graham cracker dough provides the base stirring in semi-sweet chocolate chips and mini marshmallows to S’more perfection.
Cookies are like a warm hug and these are no exception. When you make these you’ll feel like your right back in the woods or backyard surrounded by family and friends. The smell wafting through your house will bring back memories and make everyone happy. Quick and easy without the smoke or fire!
These ingredients are pantry staples, whip them up right now! S’more cookies are always a hit.
- Sugar: White sugar helps cookies brown
- Brown Sugar: Try dark brown sugar for a richer flavor
- Butter: Butter is always best
- Egg: Look for Large eggs
- Flour: Using unbleached white flour give a tender crumb
- Vanilla: Imitation vanilla will work here as well
- Graham Crackers: Crush the crackers with a food processor to a fine crumb
- Baking Powder: Helps make the cookies rise
- Salt: Table salt helps balance the sweet
- Chocolate Chips: For fun try extra large chips
- Mini Marshmallows: Can cut up large marshmallows if needed.
Let’s Get Baking!
These s’mores cookies are so simple to make and a family favorite!
- Cream: Beat the sugars and butter until super fluffy before adding in the vanilla and an egg.
- Crush: Either use a food processor or a gallon ziplock bag to crush the crackers very finely.
- Mix: In a separate bowl mix the crumbs with the flour, baking powder, and salt
- Blend: Add the sugar mixture to the flour mixture till thoroughly mixed.
- Fold: Gently stir in the chocolate and marshmallows.
- Bake: Drop by heaping Tablespoons on a lined cookie sheet and bake 10-12 min at 350 till golden brown.
Make it Grand with these S’mores Cookies:
Create the best s’mores cookie just the way you like it. All so delicious!
- Marshmallows: If you want to try a fun twist on these already amazing little vittles, try using cereal marshmallows. Now you don’t have to go buy a bag of Lucky Charms and pick out all the marshmallows, they actually just sell cereal marshmallows!! How fun is that?! Look for them in the baking isle with the regular marshmallows or you can buy them on Amazon. They won’t be as gooey but still oh so good!
- Chocolate: You can get creative here. You can use mini chocolate chips for lots of goodness all over. Use milk chocolate chips to recreate that classic s’mores taste. Try dark chocolate chips for an intense flavor to help balance the sweetness of the marshmallow. Don’t like chocolate? Peanut butter or butterscotch chips will do just as nicely.
How to Freeze S’mores Cookies Ahead or After:
- Freezing Cookies: You can freeze these in an for 2-3 months. Simply thaw on the counter for a few hours before eating.
- Freezing Dough: Make a double batch of dough if you desire to make them again for fresh from the freezer cookies. Drop large Tablespoon scoops onto a baking sheet and freeze for about an hour. Transfer the dough into a freezer gallon bag or airtight container. When ready to bake simply place the frozen dough on a cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 min at 350.
More Irresistible Cookies to Try:
- Cowboy Cookies
- White Chocolate Oreo Cookies
- Easy 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Rocky Road Chocolate Cookies
- Orange Creamsicle Cookies
Pin this now to find it laterPin It
Gooey S'mores Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, and sugar until it is light and fluffy 2-3 minutes. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- In a food processor, or using a gallon sized bag and rolling pin, crush up your graham crackers until they are fine crumbs. In a separate bowl, add the graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder, and salt and whisk together. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix on low until it is combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and marshmallow bits. Scoop a heaping tablespoon of dough onto the cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.