Hot Pastrami Sliders are the perfect tailgating food. They take all of ten minutes to prep and once they are baked, all you need to do is devour them!
These sliders are perfect game day food. You should make a double batch! Sweet Carolina Pulled Pork Sliders, Italian Meatball Sliders and Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Sriracha Wings are some other game day favourites.
Hot Pastrami Sliders
I can’t even. These are the best pastrami sliders ever and I can finish an entire batch on my own! Game day food is literally one of my favourites. Gimme all the sliders and wings. Soft buttery rolls, stuffed, oozing with cheese, hot from the oven – what’s there not to love!
This is classic tailgating food. And these sliders are easy to transport, easy to eat and even easier to make. They need only 10 minutes of prep and then a little time in the oven. What comes out is absolutely amazing!
How do you make Pastrami Sliders?
- Slice dinner rolls in half
- Layer the bottom half with mustard, pastrami, jalapenos and cheese
- Place the other half on top
- Brush them with honey mustard poppy seed butter and then bake them for 20 minutes
One of my favourite things about these sliders is the butter on top. I like to melt butter and then whisk in honey, spicy mustard and poppy seeds. And then the butter is poured all over the rolls before they go into the oven.
The butter makes these rolls really soft, and adds a ton of extra flavour. Plus the honey mustard combination is classic! The poppy seeds add some extra crunch and when you take a bite, you are left with a party in your mouth.
Can Pastrami Sliders be prepped ahead?
Absolutely! You can prep these a few hours earlier, cover them with foil and pop them in the fridge till you are ready to bake them. Just make sure your oven is preheated before you bake these.
I know you guys are going to love these!
Looking for more Game Day Food? Here are some fun ideas:
- 5 minute Million Dollar Dip
- Loaded Texas Trash Dip
- Chicken Fajita Quesadillas
- Korean Popcorn Chicken
- Chipotle BBQ Pulled Pork
Hot Pastrami Sliders
- 12 Hawaiian Sweet Rolls or Dinner Rolls
- 5 tablespoons Mustard divided
- 12 slices deli Pastrami
- 1 cup sliced Jalapenos 15-17 pieces
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 2 tablespoons Poppy Seeds
- 12 slices Swiss Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a pan and whisk in two tablespoons mustard, honey and poppy seeds. Set aside.
- Slice the rolls in half and place the bottom half in a baking dish.
- Spread two tablespoons mustard on the bottom half of the dinner rolls and divide pastrami, swiss cheese and jalapenos evenly all over the rolls. Place the other half on top.
- Spread the butter mixture generously all over the top of the rolls, making sure to get into the crevices.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Serve hot.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.