The Best Keto Brownies Recipe is mixed with almond flour, coconut sugar, cocoa powder to create a soft, crisp outside and a rich, fudgey inside with surprising chocolate chunks in every bite. A must have sweet and salty dessert!
A little sweetness is just what you need to keep you going. If you are following a close diet this new year try these healthy recipes to keep you going: Keto Pizza, Turkey Taco Stuffed Avocados or Vegetable Detox Soup.
Easy Keto Brownie Recipe
The perfect dessert to end the day with! Whenever I am on a Keto diet or any health diet to get back into shape, I usually start to crave a little sweetness. These Keto brownies are just what you need! They are simple to make and taste delicious. Plus a bonus that you can still keep on track with your low carb and high fat diet when on the keto diet plan.
This keto brownie recipe is full of chocolate and has a fudgey middle with a slightly crispy outside. It makes for the perfect brownie every time. The ingredients are simple and come together quickly and easily. You can be enjoying the best keto brownie recipe in less than 20 minutes. Once you try just one you will want to enjoy these keto brownies more often than not. Enhance your keto diet plan with these keto brownies as soon as possible. You won’t regret it!
What are Keto Brownies?
Keto brownies are based off of the ketogenic diet. It is a very low carb, high fat diet that is very similar to the Atkins diet and other low carb diets. It requires a drastic reduction of carbohydrate intake then replacing it with a fat. By reducing carbs this drastically, you are putting your body into a metabolic state which is known as ketosis.
This keto brownie recipe has less sugar, there are no grains and has very little carbs. It is made with a coconut sugar and almond flour mixture to help reduce and become a low carb and high fat brownie.
What is in a Keto Chocolate Brownie?
With a few substitutions in ingredients from a brownie recipe to this keto recipe your diet plan can stay on track and still have a delicious and tasty dessert. This sweet and salty keto brownie is known to be the best because of its fudgy inside and chunks of chocolate throughout the pan.
Simply mix together all the ingredients in one bowl and add in the chocolate chunks at the end. You will want to be sure not to over stir the brownie mix. Getting it just right will create that fudgy consistency and texture when baking. These keto brownies are seriously the BEST and just what you need to keep you going and staying on the right track of your keto diet. Indulge yourself in these keto brownies and you will see how AMAZING they are!
- Coconut Sugar
- Almond Flour
- Cocoa Powder
- Baking Powder
- Chocolate Chunks
How to make Homemade Brownies:
Perfect for a quick dessert and staying on track of your keto diet plan. These keto brownies will become your favorite go-to dessert. The best thing about these keto brownies is you can eat them daily. They are that good for you during the keto diet plan.
Within 20 minutes you will have a sweet and salty dessert that is mouthwatering. Simply mix together the ingredients in one large bowl. Then add in chocolate chunks for an extra special surprise in every bite. Bake for 15 minutes and enjoy with a little sea salt over top. Enjoy the best keto brownie recipes ever!
- Prepare baking pan: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Whisk ingredients together: In a large bowl whisk together the melted butter, sugar and eggs and mix until incorporated. Add in the vanilla, almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt and stir.
- Bake: Fold in the chocolate chunks and spread evenly into the bottom of your pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes checking them after 15 minutes.
Tips and Variations for How to Make Chocolate Brownies:
- Almond flour: If you are wanting a more coconut flavoring try substituting coconut flour for almond flour.
- How to make keto brownies fudgy: Butter is the best way to do this. If you have coconut oil that is a great substitute for butter.
- The perfect consistency: Make sure to not over mix your batter. This will create too much air in the batter and make them dry. Once they are mixed together that is a good indication that your brownies will bake evenly.
- Optional add-ins: I love extra chocolate chunks but adding in chopped nuts or a variation of flavored baking chips mixed with in the batter.
- How to know when the keto brownies are done baking: This can happen very easily. The toothpick test does not work on these keto brownies. The keto brownies will be soft and not set when they are done. They will continue to bake in the pan until they are cooled off.
- Excess butter overtop: There may be a layer of excess butter overtop your keto brownies after it is done baking. Leave the layer on and let the keto brownies finish cooling off. Once they are cooled you will notice the excess butter is gone and the keto brownies become even more chewy and delicious.
- How to cut keto brownies: For a crisp look when cutting your brownies make sure your brownies are cooled all the way. Once cooled, then cut with a sharp knife in a straight-down motion. After each cut, wipe clean the knife blade with a paper towel or rinse off in the sink.
How to Store Brownies:
- Do you refrigerate keto brownies: This is a no. Refrigerating brownies will dry them out quicker. The low temperature in the refrigerator sucks the air out of brownie leaving them dry and dense.
- How do you store keto brownies? Simply place the cut keto brownies in an airtight container in a pantry or on the counter. These will last about 4 to 5 days at room temperature. If you do not cut them into sections, they will last longer.
- Can you freeze keto brownies? Yes! These are actually a great treat frozen. Once cut and cooled, place in an airtight container or freezer ziplock bag. If you are layering your brownies be sure to place a layer of foil to stack the brownies or individually wrap each keto brownie in plastic wrap. Freeze for up to one month. When ready to eat, set out on the counter for a few hours or until it is thawed.
More Delicious Brownie Recipes to Try:
- Turtle Brownies
- Red Velvet Brownies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Salted Caramel Brownie Bites
- Deep Dish Skillet Brownie Cookie
- Cream Cheese Brownies
The Best Keto Brownies Recipe
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.In a large bowl whisk together the melted butter, sugar and eggs and mix until incorporated. Add in the vanilla, almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt and stir.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks and spread evenly into the bottom of your pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes checking them after 15 minutes.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Would this end up being 2 carbs each if cutting in to 9 brownies ?
Made these for the keto conscious bestie while in town visiting her and her family… Substituted the coconut sugar with Swerve after reading the comments, and subsequently added almost 6 minutes baking time to ensure they were done in the center. BUT… They were a HIT!!!
Thanks for the recipe- alternative to any sugar should be offered to make these keto? Allulose is probably the best option. They look delicious
I’m going to use Allulose instead of coconut sugar. I’m salivating already!!
Using coconut sugar makes this recipe non-keto
Ya totally agree! Coconut sugar is the opposite of what you want in a keto recipe.
I made these and thought they were sweet and fudgey. Very good. I might use just a little less of the coconut sugar next time. I used miniature chocolate chips instead of the chunks. I will definitely be making these again!