This amazing pineapple salsa is a refreshing and vibrant mix of peppers, onions and lime with a sweet and spicy kick from pineapple and jalapeños! Perfect for a pre-dinner appetizer that everyone will be craving for days!
Another pineapple inspired appetizer I love is my Pineapple Cheese Ball. The combination of pecans with the pineapple is amazing with a sweet and savory taste!
The Best Pineapple Salsa
Something about Spring and Summer always inspires me to look for more color in my recipes. Maybe it is the blooming flowers of spring and the bright warm sunshine. Whatever it is, I just have to have a rainbow of colors on my plates in the warmer weather. This pineapple salsa is just right with the bright yellows, reds, purples and greens. Many of fresh ingredients come straight from my garden and are filled with bold flavor!
Last night, I had some friends over for dinner and made this pineapple salsa for us to snack on while our chicken was grilling. It made for a beautiful display and everyone devoured it! Good thing I set aside some in a separate bowl so that we could put some on top of our chicken or it would have all been gone! This pineapple salsa was the star of the night for sure!
Ingredients for Delicious Pineapple Salsa:
These ingredients are colorful, fresh and tasty! Just be sure you chop them into small bites so that they can easily be scooped up onto a chip or fork. Also, when possible choose the freshest possible ingredients. Canned fruit can sometimes be covered in a syrup that will be too sweet and won’t deliver the best salsa in the end.
- Fresh Pineapple: This delicious tropical fruit with great health benefits adds sweetness to the salsa!
- Red Onion:Onion’s savory flavors balance out the sweetness of the pineapple and bell pepper. Plus the color is fantastic!
- Red and Green Bell Pepper: Adds some extra crunch and sweetness.
- Jalapeno: Spices this salsa up!
- Cilantro: A must have in any great salsa recipe!
- Juice of one lime: Sour and acidic flavors from the lime complete the balance of flavors.
- Salt: Just a pinch!
Lets Make Salsa!
There is only one main step to making this salsa which is combine ingredients. It doesn’t get more simple than that! If you are concerned about cutting the ingredients, many can be bought fresh from the store already diced!
- Combine Ingredients: In a medium size bowl combine pineapple, red onion, bell pepper, jalapeño, cilantro, juice of one lime and pinch of salt.
- Serve: Serve when freshly made for best flavor and texture.
How to Select the Perfect Pineapple:
For the freshest salsa, you’ll need to choose the freshest pineapple! The first thing to look for is a pineapple with healthy looking green leaves. Then, give the pineapple a little squeeze. It should not have any soft spots. Lastly, you can smell the base of the pineapple. It should smell sweet if it is ripe. Store your pineapple in the refrigerator unless you plan to make the salsa right away.
What to Serve with Pineapple Salsa:
This salsa is so delicious I could seriously just eat it with a spoon. It livens up any dish it is put with! I love it with grilled chicken or as a salad dressing. It is always a hit when I serve it as an appetizer with tortilla chips or as a topping for tacos.
Storing Fresh Pineapple Salsa:
Store in an airtight container in the fridge and this salsa will last for up to 5 days. Although, it will be the best quality when freshly made. Be sure to stir well before serving.
More Tasty Salsa Recipes:
- 5 Minute Mango Salsa
- Fresh Fruit Salsa
- California Avocado Dip (Salsa)
- Mango Lime Avocado Salsa
- Cranberry Salsa
Pineapple salsa is a refreshing and vibrant mix of peppers, onions and lime with a sweet and spicy kick from pineapple and jalapenos! Perfect for a pre-dinner appetizer that everyone will be craving for days!
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chopped
- 1/2 small red onion finely diced
- 1 small red bell pepper chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- juice of one lime
- pinch of salt
In a medium size bowl combine pineapple, red onion, bell pepper, jalapeño, cilantro, juice of one lime and pinch of salt. Serve with chips.