This Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Cake is a perfectly moist pumpkin cake with pockets of swirled cinnamon and brown sugar topped with a maple glaze. It tastes just like you are eating a cinnamon roll! . This is one of the best fall cakes!
Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Cake
This decadent, moist, cake is such a beautiful cross between a cinnamon roll and cake, you won’t be sure if you should eat it for breakfast or dessert. I suggest both! It starts with a perfect pumpkin cake. This cake is so moist and delicious. But the brown sugar cinnamon mixture swirled throughout it the BEST!! It creates these pockets throughout the cake. THEN you drizzle it in a maple glaze and that seeps down into these pockets. It tastes just like a cinnamon roll in cake form and is one of the best things that I will EVER have. You will not regret making this cake. You will make it again and again! It is amazing!
This is the kind of cake that you can’t get enough of and secretly lock yourself in your closet to eat it.
Pumpkin Cinnamon Cake Ingredients
- Flour: All purpose or unbleached flour provides a strong structure for this cake.
- Salt: Important to balance the sweet
- Sugar: Provides sweetness and moisture
- Baking Powder: Raising agent for the cake to make it light and fluffy.
- Cinnamon, Nutmeg: The perfect spices for pumpkin
- Eggs: Large or Extra Large
- Milk: Skim, 1%, 2% or whole all work
- Canned Pumpkin: Not to be confused with pumpkin pie filling
- Vanilla: The best flavoring
- Butter Moisture and velvety richness
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- Butter: Softened not melted
- Brown Sugar: Dark brown sugar provides deep rich flavor
- Flour: Creates a bit of thickness to help it stick.
- Cinnamon: Because it’s cinnamon roll cake
- Powdered Sugar: Sift it for best results
- Maple Syrup: Use pure maple syrup
- Milk: Any percentage will do
- Vanilla: Adds a great flavor
Making Cinnamon Roll Cake
- Combine: In a large bowl combine flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Whisk: In a medium bowl whisk the eggs, milk, pumpkin and vanilla. Slowly add in the melted butter
- Stir: Pour the flour mixture into the wet and stir till combined. It will be stiff. Spread into a greased 9×13 pan.
- Mix: In a small bowl combine the butter, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Drop by Tablespoons over the cake and swirl with a knife.
- Bake: Bake at 350 for 25-30 min or till toothpick comes out clean.
- Drizzle: Whisk powdered sugar, maple syrup, milk and vanilla till smooth. Drizzle over the warm cake. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Tips and Variations to the Best Pumpkin Cake
- Cream Cheese Frosting: You can definitely make cream cheese frosting and drizzle it on top instead of the glaze if you want. Add a teaspoon of Maple flavoring to the cream cheese frosting to keep that intense maple flavoring.
- Swirl: To get a good even swirl run your knife half way into the batter and swirl back and forth 10-15 times. You want that scrumptious cinnamon swirl all the way through.
- Spice: You can add pumpkin pie spice instead of just cinnamon and nutmeg. It’ll give it more of a pumpkin taste. No complaints here.
Storing and Serving the Cake
- Storing: Keep in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Keep for up to 5 days in the fridge. This cake can also be frozen, in a freezer safe container. Make sure it’s air tight and can keep up to 2-3 months.
- Serve: This is best served warm so it’s all ooey and gooey warm and moist. Microwave individual servings for 10-20 sec. It’s so amazing.
More Cinnamon Roll Variations to Try
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- Skillet Maple Bacon Cinnamon Roll
- Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes
- Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll Cake
- Delicious Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Cake
- 3 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup real butter melted
Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
For the Glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch pan and set aside. In a large bowl combine flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. In a medium bowl whisk eggs, milk, pumpkin, and vanilla. Slowly stir in melted butter. Combine to the flour mixture and mix until combined. It will be stiff. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
To make the cinnamon sugar topping:
- In a medium bowl combine the butter, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Drop by tablespoons over the cake and swirl with a knife.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out nearly clean from center. Place powdered sugar, maple syrup, milk, and vanilla in a large bowl. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle over warm cake. Serve warm or at room temperature.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.