This garlic asparagus is an easy, fresh and tender side dish with bacon chopped up and sautéed together creating the perfect combination. Adding bacon enhances this delicious dish to the next level!
Everything is better with bacon! This bacon wrapped asparagus is another favorite of ours to add in the flavor combination of asparagus and bacon.
Sautéed Garlic Asparagus with Bacon
Fresh, green and crispy outside with a tender inside is the best way to enjoy asparagus. I am a fan of asparagus and try to add it whenever I can to any side dish or dinner meal that I can. Asparagus is healthy and easy to prepare. This garlic asparagus with bacon is the perfect combination of savory and sweet in one dish. It is quick, easy and amazingly delicious! The asparagus spears are fresh and flavorful with butter and garlic added to them. This side dish will be ready in less than 15 minutes!
Bacon! Who does not love bacon?! Throwing in chopped bacon with this asparagus just brings the flavor to the next level. It is tender and can be sweet depending on the type of bacon you purchase. I love the flavor combination as well as the texture it provides. Add this sautéed asparagus with bacon recipe to any meal and make a delicious complete meal in no time. This recipe is quick and easy to make and will add a fresh and colorful side dish to any summertime meal.
How Do You Trim Asparagus?
Asparagus is simple to trim and takes a split second to prepare. The bottom of the asparagus stalk has a tough and woody texture that is not tasty. By bending the stalk you will be able to see where the tough section is and the bottom will snap off leaving you with the tender, soft part of the asparagus.
Another way to trim the asparagus is by simply chopping off the ends using a sharp knife. Once you have the tough and woody part removed, cut your stalks into 2 to 3 inch pieces if possible. The closer each of them are in length the quick the asparagus will cook evenly together.
Asparagus with Bacon Ingredients:
Simple ingredients that take less than 15 minutes to sauté and create the perfect combination. This is easy to prepare and ready to be made quickly.
- Bacon: Pick your type of bacon and sauté it with butter. You can either cut it before sautéing or sauté it in strips then cut afterwards.
- Butter: This is used when cooking the asparagus.
- Garlic Cloves: Adds in a garlic rich flavoring to the asparagus
- Asparagus: Wash and trim the asparagus, then sauté in butter and garlic.
- Italian Seasoning: Simple seasoning that has a variety of spices all in one jar.
- Salt and Pepper: To taste!
How Do You Sauté Asparagus?
As your asparagus is cooking you will want to watch it carefully so it become tender but not overly soft. Once the asparagus color turns to a deep green that is an indicator it is cooked through and you can remove from heat.
- Cook Bacon: In a large skillet over medium high heat, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove and wipe out the grease.
- Sauté Asparagus: Add the butter, garlic, asparagus, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. Sauté until tender about 5-7 minutes.
- Mix Together: Add the bacon back into the asparagus and serve.
I love asparagus and how easy it is to make. There are a variety of ways to cook asparagus and flavors to go with it. If you are wanting to roast your asparagus try this roasted lemon honey garlic asparagus, bake it with this parmesan herb asparagus or grilling asparagus with this grilled asparagus recipe. It is always fun to add in or switch ingredients up after making this asparagus with bacon recipe a few times.
Here are more delicious ideas to add in:
- Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Parmesan Cheese
Tips for Sautéed Asparagus:
- Asparagus: When buying asparagus look for medium sized asparagus stalks. Skinny stalks may overcook and become mushy. Thicker stalks will work too, just add extra time for cooking.
- Butter: Substitute the butter for olive oil if needed.
- Italian Seasoning: If you do not have Italian seasoning you can make the blend of herbs using oregano, parsley and basil. Using equal amounts of each you can create your own Italian seasoning at home.
What to Serve with Garlic Asparagus with Bacon:
Sautéed asparagus with bacon is a perfect combination that can enhance any meal. This side dish can go with just about any barbecue, spring or summer time meal or even during the holiday seasoning. This is a great snack during the day or light lunch side. Add this bacon asparagus side dish to your next dinner!
Make this a complete meal with:
More Satisfying Asparagus Recipes:
- Asparagus Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Lemon Garlic Butter Herb Chicken with Asparagus
- Shrimp and Asparagus Skillet
- Crispy Garlic Chicken with Asparagus
- Cheesy Chicken, Asparagus, Bacon and Mushroom Shells
Sautéed Garlic Asparagus with Bacon
- 1/2 pound of bacon chopped
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 pounds asparagus cut into thirds
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove and wipe out the grease.
- Add the butter, garlic, asparagus, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. Sauté until tender about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the bacon back into the asparagus and serve.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.