Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip
Chicken Dip Ingredients:
- Cream cheese: The mild flavor of the cream cheese is the perfect balance to the spice from the hot sauce and gives this dip a great texture.
- Blue cheese or ranch dressing: You may sub low fat versions of either. – Or, if you like your dip to be thicker, use ranch seasoning instead of the dressing.
- Buffalo or Red Hot sauce: Use your favorite, but Frank’s RedHot is always my go-to!
- Crumbled blue cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese: The crumbles of cheese in this dip are the best part!
- Shredded cooked chicken: Use chunk chicken breast, drained or cook the chicken your self and shred using an insta-pot or boiling the chicken.
Let’s Get to Dipping:
- Wisk cream cheese: Put softened cream cheese into a bowl and stir it until it is smooth.
- Combine all ingredients: Stir together dressings, hot sauce, chicken, cheese, and cream cheese.
- Bake at 350: Allow to cook for about 20 minutes or until heated through. Or Warm in the microwave about 2-5 minutes until heated through.
Different ways to make Buffalo Chicken Dip:
- Use prepared chicken: Canned chicken or a rotisserie chicken work just and well and save time instead of boiling and shredding the chicken yourself.
- Crock pot: You can make this dip in the crock pot by adding all of the ingredients (cube the cream cheese), stirring, and cooking on low for 4 to 6 hours, stirring once or twice during the cooking process.
- Make ahead: Assemble the dip as stated in the instructions. Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for up to three days. When you’re ready to bake the dip, take it out of the refrigerator while the oven is pre-heating. Remove the plastic wrap. Bake. (Just beware you may need to add 5-10 minutes to your cook time when cooking from cold.)
- Layer it up: This dip is also great as a layered dip. Mix it and put a layer of cheese on top or keep the layers separate. Experiment and see which way you like it best!
- Party Platter: Tortilla chips, celery ribs, crackers, and sliced and toasted baguettes make a beautiful display when pared with this favorite dip.
Dips that Everyone Loves:
- Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Addicting Bean Dip
- Insanely Delicious Hot Crap Dip
- Spicy Kielbasa Chili Dip
- Chicken Alfredo Dip
Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip
Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip is a creamy and slightly spicy chicken dip. It has all the flavors you love in your favorite hot sauce combined with more mild ranch dressing and topped off with the strong cheese.
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup reduced fat blue cheese or ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup Buffalo or Red Hot sauce
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 9.75 ounce cans Premium Chunk chicken breast, drained, or 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
Place cream cheese first into the bowl. Stir that until it is smooth.
Add the rest of the ingredients.
Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until heated through. Or Warm in the microwave about 2-5 minutes until heated through.
Updated on April 14, 2020
Originally Posted on January 15, 2013
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.