Addicting Bean Dip is thick and rich beans with a creamy, cheesy blend of savory and a kick of salsa and taco seasoning all mixed together and topped with refreshing tomatoes, olives and cilantro for a colorful and fun dish! All you need to do is bring on the chips!
This appetizer will have you dipping all night long. If you love dipping try these Insanely Delicious Hot Crab Dip, Spicy Kielbasa Chili Dip or The Best Buffalo Chicken Dip.
It’s the weekend, game night or just a fun taco Tuesday that needs a little extra color added to the table.
This addicting, and I mean ADDICTING bean dip is your go-to!
You will not only love the color of the dish with its toppings but you will love the flavor in every bite.
Warm, savory and has all your rich flavors all melted together.
Don’t be surprised when you just can’t stop dipping!
The cheese gets me every time. You just keep pulling and pulling and watching it wrap around your chip.
It is addicting and you will love it as much as I do!
What you need to make bean dip
Simple ingredients for a simple dip!
Preparing and making this dip is so easy and makes it in just minutes.
Baking to perfection and topping with all the fun toppings you have in mind.
Think of a taco and go for it!
This dip is so fun to make and makes enough for all your friends and family gathered around enjoying it.
Just a warning, there will be lots of laughs, fun times and an empty pan by the end of the night!
- Refried beans: a can of refried beans makes this simple and easy to make all at once.
- Sour cream: brings in so much flavor and creates a creamy base.
- Cheddar cheese: a stronger cheese that melts perfectly together.
- Cream Cheese: soft and creamy plus flavorful to the bean dip and thickens it up.
- Salsa: adding a little kick to the dip.
- Taco seasoning: has the flavoring and brings in so much bold flavor with this dip.
- Tomatoes: always a soft and sweet topping that is refreshing.
- Olives: a subtle flavoring to add on top.
- Jalapeño slices: adding in some extra spicy flavoring.
- Cilantro: makes this bean dip look colorful and fun!
How to make bean dip
Only minutes to make the tried and true recipe and served hot it will be gone soon after!
Just making it was making my mouth water and then afterwards was the best treat for me.
You have a sweet and savory dip with salty chips to dip = pure happiness in my book!
I love all the flavors blending and mixing together to make this mix so simple but also Oh. So. Good!
Every bite will be leaving everyone MMM and AWWWing their way to the end.
- Mix all ingredients together: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl combine refried beans, sour cream, 2 cups shredded cheese, cream cheese, salsa and taco seasoning.
- Bake your bean dip: In an 8×8 inch baking dish or skillet spread the mixture evenly. Top with 1 cup shredded cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes. Garnish with your favorite toppings if desired.
Tips for making bean dip
I love changing up a dip if you need some extra ideas enhancing it or giving it a kick of heat.
From making this to the slow cooker to adding in more toppings and flavors, these tips will be leaving your bean dip endless and with so many fun ways to eat it.
I do love the classic bean dip that I started out as but it is a good base to create your type of bean dip that fits you and your style.
Enjoy your bean dip and know that any chip will be happy to be dipped in it!
- You can make this in the slow cooker by adding everything together and cooking on low for 2 to 3 hours or until warm and your cheese is melted. Add extra cheese on top and serve.
- Add in ¼ cup of drained Rotel Tomatoes for more tomato flavoring throughout the dip.
- Have fun with your cheese choice and add jalapeño or colby jack shredded cheese to the dip mixture.
- For a more fuller dip, add in ground beef or shredded chicken to the bean dip mixture.
- To change up the look and flavor try pureed white beans instead of refried beans fora white bean dip mixture.
- Like a little heat, add canteen peppers, jalapeños or red pepper flakes to make a spicy.
- Fresh lime juice is a great addition to refresh this dip.
- Add in cooked, chopped onion for a crunchy taste.
What to serve with bean dip
These are just some of our favorite ways of dipping. Our go-to is always a salty chip with this savory dip.
You can also mix up your chips with flavored bags of chips or even a good ole tortilla.
This bean dip is also good on tacos or burritos when having a Mexican style dinner.
The way to use and eat this bean dip is endless!
- Tortilla chips
- Vegetables cut up: green peppers are my favorite!
- Cheesy Nachos
Storing bean dip
We love to make our bean dip hot and ready but I know some need more time to make other things.
This way you can make ahead, refrigerate or even freeze for your party night.
Follow these simple steps to see what is best for you when making your bean dip!
- Making ahead: this bean dip can be made a day ahead. You will want to make sure it is sealed tightly in the refrigerator and warm back up on the stove for about 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally before serving.
- Making ahead without cooking: If you want to make the bean dip ahead but can’t bake it, simply prepare it and put it in the pan you plan to bake it in. Tightly cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to bake. This will last about 2 days in the refrigerator.
- Refrigerator: make and prepare your bean dip, let cool completely and add to an airtight container. You can store it in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
- Freezer: I don’t recommend it being frozen but it totally can be! You will want to make it and let cool completely and wrap it up tightly then freeze for about 1 to 2 months. When ready to eat, let it defrost in the refrigerator. Then warm up on the stove or in the microwave.
- Warming up: this bean dip can be heated up in the microwave for 2 to 3 minutes or on the stove top. Stirring occasionally. Once it is warm you are ready to serve!
Here are more dips to try!
- Cranberry Pecan Cheese Ball
- Easy Baked Fontina
- Loaded Texas Trash Dip
- Chicken Alfredo Dip
- Cheddar Bacon Pistachio Cheeseball
Addicting Bean Dip
- 1 16 ounce can refried beans
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups cheddar cheese shredded and divided
- 1 8 ounce cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 3 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl combine refried beans, sour cream, 2 cups shredded cheese, cream cheese, salsa and taco seasoning.
- In an 8x8 inch baking dish or skillet spread the mixture evenly. Top with 1 cup shredded cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes. Garnish with your favorite toppings if desired.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Everyone in my house loved this bean dip ! It definitely is addicting !!
Excellent bean dip. My husband couldn’t stop raving about it. Will definitely make it again.
I can’t wait to make the Bean Dip Dip.
I love all of the different ways and different ingredients you can make it with. I will be making it as soon as I leave my computer because I have all of the ingredients on hand.
Thank you Alyssa.