If you have been following the blog then it is no secret that I love my slow cooker. Most of my favorite recipes here on the blog are cooked in the slow cooker. It is so nice as a busy mom to just throw something in the slow cooker and let it do its thing. Then when dinner time rolls around you have an amazing meal ready.
Well I am here to tell you today that I found one of my favorite slow cooker pork recipes.
It slow cooks for eight hours in a spice rub and a citrus marinade and the flavor is out of this world! The outside edges get crisp and the inside is melt in your mouth tender.
The pork comes out of the slow cooker and just falls apart it is so tender. You can either eat the pork right out of the slow cooker or broil it in the oven to give it a crisp edge.
It is so versatile and can be used in tacos, burritos, quesadillas, you name it. It will add delicious flavor and taste to whatever you use it for. I know that this recipe will become a family favorite and you will use it again and again!
Slow Cooker Carnitas Recipe
- 4 pounds pork shoulder roast
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¾ cup orange juice (2 oranges)
- ¼ cup lime juice (2 limes)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, quartered
- In a small bowl combine chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Rub on the outside of the pork shoulder rub thoroughly.
- In the slow cooker, combine orange juice, lime juice, garlic and onion. Place pork on the top. Cook on low for 8 hours or high 4-5 hours.
- Remove roast from slow cooker and shred. Return to slow cooker and heat for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker and place on a baking sheet. Broil in the oven for 3-4 minutes to brown the edges of the pork.
Recipe adjusted to taste from Closet Cooking