With a rich Oreo crust and Snickers-filled cheesecake topping, these Snickers cheesecake bars are one of the best desserts out there! They’re creamy, chocolatey, and sure to be loved by everyone! This is your sign to make a double batch.
Snickers Cheesecake Bars Recipe
I apologize in advance for making you gain ten pounds just by looking at the picture. But dang these are good! My three favorite things in a bar. Snickers, oreos, and cheesecake. There’s no better combination!
In a previous post I mentioned that I used to hate chocolate. Until I was 15! Snickers broke me of my hate for chocolate. I mean, how could it not? Nougat, caramel, and peanuts are the most delicious trio. These Snickers cheesecake bars are quickly becoming one of my favorite desserts because they’re everything good about a Snickers bar and more! The creamy cheesecake filling and Oreo crust really takes the flavor to the next level. Let’s make some!
I love these Snickers cheesecake bars because they don’t have a super lengthy ingredient list. You’ll probably have a lot of them on hand already! If you’re looking for measurements, then head down to the recipe card at the end of the post!
- Crushed Oreos: These are for the crust. I used regular Oreos but feel free to try out different types!
- Melted Butter: Adds rich flavor to the crust and helps it solidify.
- Cream Cheese: Because you want the cheesecake filling to be smooth, make sure this is softened to room temperature.
- Sour Cream: It may seem unconventional, but I love adding sour cream because it adds a hint of tang and makes the filling smooth and creamy.
- Egg: Binds all of the ingredients together!
- Sugar: Regular white sugar works great to sweeten up these bars.
- Vanilla Extract: Deepens the flavor of the bars. Use pure vanilla extract if you can!
- Snickers Bars: Both regular and snack size Snickers bars work, you just want to make sure you have about 1.5 cups total.
- Milk Chocolate Chips: Added on top for a little chocolatey goodness! Feel free to use dark, semi-sweet, or white chocolate chips instead.
How to Make Snickers Cheesecake Bars
These are so easy to make! I love this recipe because all you have to do is mix and layer. The end result? A delicious Oreo crust with a creamy cheesecake center. The snickers soften and the caramel just oozes out. This dessert is so good you won’t worry about the calories! Another dessert you’ll have to try next are these insanely good Snickers brownies. I just can’t get enough of the delicious chocolatey, peanut flavor!
- Preheat Oven, Prep Pan: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Then prepare a 8×8 baking pan by lining it with aluminum foil allowing the sides to overhang for easy removal.
- Form Crust: In a food processor add the Oreos and pulse until they are a fine crumb. Then, in a mixing bowl combine crushed oreos and butter. Press into the bottom of your pan and bake for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Cheesecake Mixture: In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, egg, sugar and vanilla together until combined and smooth.
- Mix In Remaining Ingredients, Bake: Fold in the chopped snickers and spread over the crust. Top with chocolate chips and bake it for 30-35 minutes or until cheesecake is set.
- Cool and Serve: You have to cool completely in the refrigerator for 3 hours. The waiting is the hardest part. Once cooled, lift the foil out of the pan and cut into small squares. Enjoy!
Tips and Variations
Here are a few easy ways you can customize and perfect these delicious Snickers cheesecake bars! You’re going to absolutely LOVE how they turn out!
- Let Them Chill: This is the hardest part, I know, but you’ve got to let your Snickers cheesecake bars chill in the fridge in order to set properly. This will help them be cut into nice, uniform slices! I recommend refrigerating them for at least 3 hours.
- Flavor Variations: One of my favorite things about this recipe is that you can switch up the flavors easily! Try out both different flavors of Oreo for your crust and Snickers variations until you’ve created the dessert bars of your dreams! Another thing I like to do is add a drizzle of caramel sauce on top for a little extra decadence.
A Reader’s Review
These Snickers cheesecake bars are best enjoyed the same day you make them, but can be kept in the fridge and enjoyed a few days after as well!
In the Refrigerator: Store leftover bars in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Snickers Cheesecake Bars
- 25 Oreos about 2 ½ cups crushed Oreos
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces snicker bars chopped (about 1.5 cups total)
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 8×8 baking pan by lining it with aluminum foil allowing the sides to overhang for easy removal.
- In a food processor add the Oreos and pulse until they are a fine crumb. In a mixing bowl combine crushed oreos and butter. Press into the bottom of your pan and bake for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, Beat the cream cheese, sour cream, egg, sugar and vanilla together until combined and smooth.
- Fold in the chopped snickers and spread over the crust. Top with chocolate chips and bake it doe 30-35 minutes or until cheesecake is set.
- You have to cool completely in the refrigerator for 3 hours. The waiting is the hardest part. Once cooled, lift the foil out of the pan and cut into small squares. Enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.