This Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta is just what you need on a busy weeknight. Barilla® Ready Pastas are perfect for a family meal in no time!
Penne pasta is always a favorite with a special sauce that can make dinnertime even better. For more penne pasta recipes try this Chicken Parmesan Casserole, Instant Pot Pasta with Meatballs or Pesto Alfredo Chicken Casserole.
Quick and Easy Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta
This dinner pasta is going to be a favorite in your family guaranteed! Barilla® Ready Pasta is a delicious, fully cooked pasta that is ready in the microwave in just 60 seconds. With Barilla® Ready Pasta you can customize any of your favorite meals. The possibilities are endless! This easy dish packs big flavor with just a handful of ingredients I picked up from Target.
Ready Pasta is perfect for a quick lunch, dinner or snack! Ready in just 60 seconds, it’s great for a meal on the go, whether it be lunch at work, an after-school snack or an easy, delicious dinner at home. Combine my favorite ingredients together and create a sweet and savory sun dried tomato pesto that will enhance this pasta and WOW your family! This combination mixed together will have rave reviews in your home.
Who is Barilla?
Barilla® is a well-known pasta company that has been perfecting pasta throughout the years. This new innovation and being able to simply microwave pasta has helped families, and created filling meals that is loved by all. This pasta is simple to make and can be dressed up with a tasty sauce, butter or just eating it plain. Barilla has created a pasta that is helping families get dinner on the table.
Where to Shop for Barilla Brand?
Barilla® Ready Pastas are available nationwide and everything from this recipe can be found at your local Target. The location of Barilla® Ready Pasta will vary from store to store. In many instances, the product will be located in the dry pasta aisle, near Barilla’s traditional pasta products or located within the convenience section of dry pasta products.
Why Choose Barilla® Ready Pasta?
Ready Pasta is quick and easy to make! The pasta is already fully cooked and can be heated in the microwave for 60 seconds or in a skillet with oil for 2 to 4 minutes. Both preparations create perfect pasta every time. Simply follow the heating instruction on the back of the package you bring to your home for best results. Even better, Barilla® Ready Pasta does not have any preservatives and is a non-GMO product.
Pesto Pasta Ingredients
Making this pesto pasta is amazingly easy to do. With pantry staple ingredients as well as keeping it under 6 ingredients, this pasta combination is a MUST try!
- Sun Dried Tomatoes in Oil: Jarred and easy to access at Target
- Basil: Fresh basil is best and gives that delicious aroma and taste in the pesto sauce.
- Parmesan Cheese: Grated is perfect
- Pine Nuts: These nuts are soft, crunchy and chewy all in one bite.
- Oil: Helps add flavoring as well as smooths the sauce.
- Garlic: Add in some fresh grated garlic for a hint of savory deliciousness.
- Salt and Pepper: Just to taste, if needed!
- Package of Barilla Read Penne Ready Pasta: This pasta is the main event and makes life so much easier cooking this pasta in 60 seconds.
Only 5 Minutes!
Place the pasta in the microwave to warm up, combine your pesto sauce then mix together and you have a delicious dinner ready in no time! This 5 minute dinner is going to be a family favorite.
- In a food processor combine sun dried tomatoes, basil, parmesan cheese, pine nuts, oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Pulse until smooth.
- In a medium skillet add the pesto over medium heat to warm. Cook the pasta in the microwave according to package directions. Carefully open the package and add to the pesto and toss until coated. Serve.
Each variety of Ready Pasta will have specific heating instructions that are simple to read and right on the back of the package. There are two options to choose from, either microwave for 60 seconds or warmed up in a skillet for 2 to 4 minutes. Once you are ready to heat the pasta, simply knead the pouch prior to opening. For best results follow the package instructions that are listed on the back.
Tips for the Best Sun Dried Pesto Pasta
It is best to follow the instructions located on the back of the package when cooking the pasta. Once the pasta is done it can be combined easily with the sun dried tomato pesto pasta.
- Knead the Package: It is recommend but not required to knead and move the pasta package around. The pasta will still heat properly either way.
- Tear: It is not a problem if you forget to tear the package before cooking in the microwave. If you do forget, the steam may increase in the pouch and cause it to possibly pop. Wait about 2 minutes before opening if you forget to tear the pouch to avoid any built-up steam.
- After Microwaving: The pasta will be hot! Empty the product in a bowl and gently separate with a fork if needed.
- Protein: Add in some leftover chicken strips or meatballs to add in protein for a more complete meal.
- Pesto Pasta: If you do not have a food processor, a blender or a mixer will also help to mix together the ingredients quickly and easily.
When Can I Use Ready Pasta?
Any time! Seriously, this will be a convenient substitute for Barilla Dry Pasta. Replace any pasta for this Ready Pasta and still have high-end pasta dinner. Combine any sauces or simply add butter for a delicious meal using this Ready Pasta. It is simple to make and comes in a variety of pasta choices. Change your dinner routine and simplify using this Ready Pasta in half the time.
Storing Sun Dried Pasta
This pasta is perfect for storing and reheating the next day for a quick snack or a light lunch. Once the pouch is used, discard the pouch and place in a sealed container or airtight bag that will hold the pasta.
- Refrigerator: You will want to store in an airtight container for 2 days. Place in the microwave safe bowl and reheat for 30-60 seconds.
- Can you Freeze the Ready Pasta Pouch? Once it is cooked, you can freeze in an airtight container for 1 month. When ready to reheat, place bag in a pot of boiling water to reheat.
More Delicious Pasta Recipes
- Cheesy Chicken, Bacon and Broccoli Ranch Pasta
- 10 Minute Pesto Pasta
- Easy Pasta Primavera Recipe
- Chicken Enchilada Pasta
- One Pot Creamy Spinach Mushroom Artichoke Chicken
5 Minute Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta
This Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta is just what you need on a busy week night. These pasta ready packages are perfect for a family meal in no time!
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1 package Barilla Penne Ready Pasta
In a food processor combine sun dried tomatoes, basil, parmesan cheese, pine nuts, oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Pulse until smooth.
In a medium skillet add the pesto over medium heat to warm. Cook the pasta in the microwave according to package directions. Carefully open the package and add to the pesto and toss until coated. Serve.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.