White Chocolate Cranberry Macadamia Cookies are the perfect combination, of chewy, crunchy, sweet and decadence all wrapped up in a cookie! These amazing cookies have great texture and flavor!
Macadamia nuts are the hidden gem in these cookies. For more recipes that are created at them in these other recipes like this Chili Macadamia Crusted Tilapia, Macadamia Key Lime Pie and Pineapple Cheesecake Dessert Bars.
The Best Ever White Chocolate Cranberry Macadamia Nut Cookies
The cookie base itself is perfection! It is perfectly chewy. And surprisingly enough, I LOVED the cranberry! It wasn’t overpowering but gave the cookie enough cranberry flavor. My first bite was so amazing. The cookie was still warm and the chocolate was still melty. I had four! UGH. Why did these cookies have to be so incredible? All I want is another.
These scrumptious cookies have the holidays written all over them. The red from the cranberry, and white from the chocolate and then there’s the flavor! The sweetness of the white chocolate balances out perfectly with the tartness of the cranberries and the macadamia nuts add ideal crunch for impeccable taste and texture.
Delicious Cranberry Cookie Ingredients
These are just as easy as any cookie recipe, but they taste fancy! White Chocolate Cranberry Macadamia cookies will be the little darlings of all your Holiday festivities, cookie exchanges and anytime you are craving something delicious. Everyone is going to love this flavor combo.
- Flour: All purpose flour works great
- Baking Soda: This helps make the cookies be fluffy.
- Salt: Balances sweet
- White Sugar: Need the white sugar to help brown the cookies
- Brown Sugar: Use dark brown sugar for a deeper flavor
- Butter: You can use margarine here, soften either.
- Eggs: Large eggs, not medium
- Vanilla: Flavor enhancer
- White Chocolate Baking Chips: perfect size for perfect cookies
- Macadamia Nuts: chop the nuts for easier distribution
- Dried Cranberries: You can find these with the raisins in most stores.
Making These Scrumptious Cookies
Cranberry. Do you love it or hate it? I am personally on the fence with cranberries. It probably wouldn’t be the first thing I grab at a Thanksgiving dinner. But these cookies. BEST.COOKIES.EVER. And yes I just yelled that because I just got done eating four!
- Sift: Sift the flour, baking soda and salt together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Cream: In a separate bowl cream the butter and sugar together till nice and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Stir: Stir in the flour mixture till just mixed. Then fold in the dried cranberries, white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- Drop: Drop by rounded Tablespoons on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or just until set.
Tips for White Chocolate Cranberry and Macadamia Nut Cookies
Perfectly chewy cookies packed with white chocolate, cranberries, and macadamia nuts!
- White Chocolate: You can chop a white chocolate bar or white chocolate baking bar to give it a more rustic texture. Keep the chunks the same size as the nuts though.
- Even: You want the same amount of cranberries, chocolate and nuts for a good balance of taste.
- Cranberries: If you are not fond of cranberries or can’t find them, you can try dried tart cherries instead. I wouldn’t substitute with raisins though, they’re too sweet and it’ll over power the cookie.
- Nuts: I hear you! Macadamia nuts are expensive and sometimes hard to find. I will tell you they are totally worth the extra cost, however, you can substitute chopped pecans or walnuts instead.
- Underbake: To get that perfect soft chewy inside and barely crisp outside, you almost want to underbake them. Just cook them till barely set. You won’t regret it!
Freezing Macadamia Nut Cookies
These are so good, if you have leftovers you’re going to want to keep them around. These will stay soft and chewy when sealed in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. You can also store in an airtight ziplock, make sure to cool completely so they don’t sweat.
You can freeze these cookies two ways:
- Dough: Freeze the dough once you mix all the ingredients together. Drop by Tablespoons onto a cookie sheet close together. Freeze for 2 hours then transfer the dough to a freezer safe container or bag. Freeze for up to 3 months. Bake straight from the freezer, they will need 2-3 min longer is all. Keep on eye on them so you don’t overcook them.
- Cookies: Once completely cooled place in a freezer safe, air tight container or bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
White Chocolate Recipes you Will Love
White chocolate is creamy and sweet and pairs so well in these dessert recipe!
- Sublime White Hot Chocolate
- White Chocolate Snickerdoodles
- Amazing White Chocolate Cranberry Blondies
- White Chocolate Oreo Cookies
- Easy White Chocolate Almond Truffles
White Chocolate Cranberry Macadamia Cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate baking chips
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt together in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream together white sugar, brown sugar and softened butter. Add eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture until just mixed. Stir in dried cranberries, white chocolate chips, and macadamia nuts.
- Drop cookies by rounded tablespoons on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until just set. Allow to cool and transfer to a wire rack.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.