We bought a big thing of authentic North Carolina BBQ sauce last week. So when I found this recipe from Fit & FruGirl I couldn’t wait to try it out with my BBQ sauce. There are so many things that you can do with this recipe. Serve it over salad, serve it over rice, make it as a sandwich, serve it by itself, serve it over a baked potato…. the list can go on! I chose to serve it as a sandwich. I toasted the bread with a garlic spread on it. I can’t even explain how yummy this was! The BBQ flavor was so amazing. And it was so easy to throw it in the crockpot and the chicken was cooked to perfection!
Rating: 4 stars Difficulty of Recipe:2 stars
How I changed it: I served it as a sandwich. I also put a little BBQ sauce on top when I served it.
Things I would do differently next time: Nothing
Will I make it again? Yes
Place frozen chicken in the crock pot.
1 white onion, chopped
-Pour over chicken.
-Top with the pepper and onion.
Zesty BBQ Chicken
- 4 Chicken Breasts boneless skinless, frozen
- ½ Bottle BBQ Sauce 18 oz (about 1 cup)
- ¼ cup Fat Free Italian Salad Dressing
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 green pepper chopped
- Place frozen chicken in the crock pot.
- 1 white onion, chopped
- In a bowl, mix the BBQ sauce, Italian Dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire Sauce.
- Pour over chicken.
- Top with the pepper and onion.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Use 2 forks to shred the chicken. Cover for about 20-30 min longer
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.